Class Balance Thus Far

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cearobinson, Jan 6, 2015.

1. cearobinson

cearobinson New Member

Hey guys,

So, I'm really excited for this project, first off! :) Thank you so much for doing this. I currently play on P99, which I love but Luclin and PoP were my favorite expansions. I loved the Zones that came with these expansions and the new spells.

What I would like to know is, how do we feel about the balance of classes thus far? My favorite classes are Monk, Necromancer, Shaman and Shadow Knight. All of those classes are severely over represented on P99 though. So, I wanted to make sure I'm not going to start a new class and people will go, "Oh great, another Monk... Hooray."

Also, I've never been good at boxing lol. How necessary do you guys feel it is to box?

Thank you and I look forward to seeing you all in game!

Drec

2. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I see more Mages than anything else. ;)

There are enough people to group with, I wouldn't say that boxing is required at all. If you don't get responses in /ooc for a group then go to well known camps and ask directly. Most people are boxing and something said in a chat channel or in /ooc may get missed from all of the spam.

3. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Me lee are some of the more underrepresented classes here due to the fact that boxing melee with push is annoying and that come Luclin/PoP-AAs and Focus effects... Casters are finally balanced as compared to melee.

Whereas on P99 where melee destroy caster DPS.

And pets are extremely powerful here thus the huge number of Mages.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Melee push hasnt been implemented yet, but it will be in the future!

5. poursoul

poursoul Member

For the love of god please don't add melee push <3<3

6. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

a solo box enchanter would probably be fun, useful, and relatively rare.

7. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

I've personally seen mage and beastlord pets just tear it up. Like way over the top. Numbers don't seem right there.

8. furst

furst Member

actually the pets are tuned pretty well. You have to remember once melee's get gear they will out damage pets. Also pets in a classic were always extremely op.

9. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

If this is anything like AK, you'll find quite a decent balance of classes.

If you are looking specifically not to box, of your favorite classes mentioned, I would suggest necromancer. They're good in raids on AK (dots stack here, unlike P99), they provide solid benefits to a group, can FD pull in a pinch, and solo for AA's better than anyone but bard/chanter.

If you want to try some easier to box combos, cleric + melee, or cleric + necro, or druid + necro can be a lot of fun. I don't think you'll find grouping an issue here for the first so many months. Even when AK was established for 8+ years, people often dropped their bots to add a live player to a group. Many times it was regardless of class.

10. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

I think debuffs on AK would stack, but mobs were still limited to 15 total debuffs. Can someone confirm?

11. furst

furst Member

Yea, the 15 buff rule was in effect.

Made it difficult if you had too many necro's on a raid doting

12. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

This is definitely false.

EQLive had a 75 total debuff list for the longest time and it was an issue on there.

However on AK there is no way mobs were limited to 15 total debuffs.

Harmony of Sound
    Tash
    Malo
    Cripple
    Slow
    Hand of Ro
    Fixation of Ro

^ Thats 7 debuffs that are extremely typical to have on a raid mob. Add E'ci Frosty Breath (dru), Scent (necro), Necro DoTs, Bard DoTs, Shaman DoTs, Druid DoTs... I never once on a raid had a debuff bounce due to max debuffs. On a few Xegony raids I had 3 druid DoTs and was rolling 5 necro DoTs by myself.

13. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

It was definitely higher than 15. I can't recall the exact number though. I want to say 40 or 45, but I have no proof of that. I thought I remember seeing that somewhere, I just can't remember where.

edit:
    It was 30:

- Increased the number of spells that can be in effect on a given NPC to 30.

taken from here: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history ... 002-2.html

from under September 4, 2002 3:00 am patch notes

14. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Belatedly confirming that I tested this on AK (at least to the point of going beyond 15 effects, if not all the way to 30), and Darchon and Mokli are right.