Darchon's Mystery Tradeskill Container Hunt 2.0

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darchon, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

What is this?

I've hidden a Cloak of Flames in a static tradeskill container.

What is a Static Tradeskill Container?

This could be in any Oven, Pottery Wheel, Kiln, Brewing Barrel, Forge, or Loom across the game. I've tried to select a location that isn't extremely high level (IE it isn't in the forge in Ssra).

Who Can Participate?

Preferably if you are a level 60 in a raid guild don't go hunting for it unless you want to solve the puzzle, if you do please leave the RBB for a newer player to collect. If you do find it please post here and include the container/location you found it in so everyone knows the hunt is off!

Can I have a Hint?

I will try to add hints to narrow down the search area each day. I will start off more obscure and get more specific as we approach the reset if it has not yet been claimed.

Hints:

1. It is NOT a Luclin or PoP zone. It could however be any zone across Velious, Kunark and Classic.

Sketchy, Kagatob, Quirk and 2 others like this.
  2. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Seems Grobb wasn't a better hiding spot. This one was found in 11 minutes!

I may need to come up with a better hiding method.

sowislifesowislove, Phaeton and Break like this.
  3. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

I can't tell if Darchon is bad at hiding things or The People are good at finding things.

4. Verdent

Verdent People Like Me

Thats a great idea darchon!

5. Tecmos.Deception

Tecmos.Deception Active Member

Would a random/obscure NPC work for a game like this, too?

I don't mean to try to tell you how to run your game, it just was the first thing that came to mind when I saw you say someone found your last item so quickly. IMHO hiding it on an NPC would give you more obscure locations that are less easily searched en masse, which would also make people more reliant on your clues. I feel like you could get more creative with the clues then too, roleplaying it out like you were robbed or something and the clues are evidence from the crime scene that you're finding over time and letting you fire off a final clue like "oh yeah, I forgot! The last time I had the belt I was enjoying a leisurely boat ride from Qeynos to Erudin and we were hit by a storm!" ... and then the item is in a shark's belly somewhere in Erud's Crossing or whatever the heck.

Unsolicited advice aside though, this is a really fun little game. I tried a few containers with my bard for the RBB one :)

Break likes this.
  6. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

I did consider charming a mob and handing them an item. I probably will give the tradeskill container thing a go one more time and if it ends in under an hour I will move on to the charming option.

7. Slade

Slade Member

Darchon are you /anon when hiding things? people may be stalking you to find out where you are hiding things.

8. Quirk

Quirk Well-Known Member

Are they going to starter zones and seeing a random toon or anon toon watching the zone? Could be a tip a well for the hunters.

9. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

give it to your level 3 alt char first before you plant it

Radda likes this.