Best Torpor Camp

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slayzz, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

So I am still in the market for Torpor but since I have had zero luck buying it, I might as well start gameplanning how to camp it.

Wondering what the “best” camp is and what has the best drop rates. I’m pretty much eliminating the possibility of the WW dragons (Harla Dar etc), Gorenaire (no thank you), and Vaniki (MAJOR pita). I also eliminated VP as I am not keyed. So outside of those I have broken down the remaining camps/mobs and was hoping for a ranking on drop rate and difficulty or if anyone has feedback or suggestions and if they r REALISTICALLY 3 boxable Or not. I pulled the drop list straight from TAKP Allaclone.

Talendor
    Severilous
    Overking
    Seb Protectors and Tolapmuj
    Emperor Chottal
    Guardian Wurm/Ancient Wyverns

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  2. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

I would think the Wurms/Wyverns would be best boxability, but I'm no expert.

3. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

I used to solo the whole crypt/chottal area at 62. It would be "easiest" but probably not best due to him being an uncommon spawn

4. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

I killed tola/prot maybe 30 times each when kunark was still fairly fresh and didn't get any torpors. I did get a bunch of other good spells, but their value is probably much lower now - that camp probably isn't worth the time involved.

5. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

lava drakes in Vp

6. 99problems

99problems New Member

If your able to kill Protector and Tola it will be your fastest way to the drop. Tola charms so be aware of that

7. actualspaide

actualspaide People Like Me

Best is strong term. Although nukes right I think your highest drop rate will be the vp drakes. They are a bit unrealistic though probably, so you are really left with terrible options to box. I'd personally suggest getting a small crew of friends and getting kunark dragons on lock. You will get nice loot and probably quickest route to torpor

8. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

You will see far less emperor spawns than prot/tola. He won't be more than 1 every 2 hours.

9. Randall

Randall New Member

I use to do the Guardian Wurms and Ancient Wyverns back in the day. Lots of valuable spell drops! Probably 1 in 100 for any given spell.

10. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

VP farming is really the best way but doing that as a trio may be challenging.

11. Videri-Tala

Videri-Tala Well-Known Member

Yikes, 3 VP keys.
    How difficult is it boxing in there? Can you Wake of Tranq and pull singles at the entrance?

12. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

The issue is the varying difficulty in guardian wurms. Some hit for 300, some hit for 700, some hit for 1500. Some AE Vox/Nagafen DD AEs, some AE fear. Some will spawn another on their death, some will spawn two on their death.

So a single 300 wurm is no problem. A 1500 wurm with AE fear hurts though.

Videri-Tala likes this.
  13. Quath

Quath Member

Be the ultimate iron man. I'll even res you out when you die and need cr!

14. actualspaide

actualspaide People Like Me

There are also worms that banish to ent

15. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Wurms*

16. Videri-Tala

Videri-Tala Well-Known Member

Does this variation apply only to the guardian wurms in VP, or to the ones outside in Skyfire as well?

17. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

outside are normal, only in VP do they vary

18. nworbetan

nworbetan Member

There was a patch on the live servers on May 14, 2003 that drew my attention to Veeshan's Peak, and I spent a lot of time soloing in that zone over the next year until they did a much more serious revamp in 2004. I have no idea whether these tweaks happened on Al'Kabor though, and my gut instinct says they probably didn't. So this post and my memories might not be relevant at all on TAKP.

The guardian wurms inside VP after this patch still spawned another on death sometimes, and spawning two on death seems pretty likely too, but from memory they never did more than 500 melee damage and didn't fear any more. I was a Vex Thal and Elemental Planes geared shaman at the time. I don't remember ever seeing Torpor drop, but I made quite a few clerics happy with copies of Divine Intervention.

19. Foxhorde

Foxhorde People Like Me

Just noticed a lot of these mobs drop my emissary of Thule pet spell as well so if we can catch any of them up I’d be happy to try and help you kill them. I box
    Necro, chanter, cleric