Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring takes a few clicks to cast

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thefaceless, May 17, 2016.

1. thefaceless

thefaceless New Member

Using the earring to reset your spells, it seems to take me 2 or 3 clicks for it to actually work. I'm wondering if it's like this for everybody, or if it's just my latency to the server or something.

2. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Global Cooldown Refresh via instant clicky was fixed in Luclin I believe. It should not refresh your spells. No instant clickies refreshed spells on Al'Kabor.

3. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

Didn't know this! I need to stop reading p99 wiki guides and write some TAKP relevant guides. Was about to camp Grachnist. :)

4. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

It's still a great earring for melee to have, as the attack buff stacks with almost everything. At least it's supposed to.

Edit: I remembered this wrong

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  5. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

doesn't stack with but hp/attack buff :(

6. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

As a Ranger, earring does not stack with Nature's Precision buff, but it's only a 5-6 atk difference.

7. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

I am fairly certian on AK it stacked with Tunare and Predator (PoP buffs). If I recall it only didn't stack with the short lasting attack buffs like avatar and fero. My memory is bad though. I just know it was an item I used raiding quite a bit, so it must have stacked with the generic attack buffs.

Edit: I remembered this wrong

8. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Grim Aura is a slot 1 ATK buff, so it'll stack with Pred (slot 2), Avatar (slot 3), and Fero (slot 7), but not Tunare, or, as Lenas says, Nature's Precision.

The stacking info on Dwin's site isn't always trustworthy (it just searches for slot conflicts without taking "special" stacking rules into account, e.g. for dots and bard songs), but it will be correct for this: http://lucy.alkabor.com/stacking_346.html

9. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Has never stacked with NP, but like I said, the difference is so negligible that any Ranger with a gob earring would completely replace NP with ear buff due to utility.

10. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

On the subject of using a clicky to reset spells, by the way -

Spells have two "grey-out" numbers associated with them. One is the time for which that particular spell's icon is greyed out, or recast time, and the other is the time for which all spell icons are greyed out, the confusingly-named fizzle time. Fizzle time for most but not all spells is 2.25 seconds.

On Al'Kabor, using a clicky cleared fizzle time but not recast time. So you could use an instant click to chain-cast two different spells more quickly than you otherwise could (e.g. your two top nuke spells), but not to cast the same spell twice more quickly than normally possible (e.g. you can't speed up a CH chain this way).

Limiting this function was also a server-side check, however, which prevented players from casting two "regular" (i.e. non-clicky) spells within a very short period (possibly the same 2.25 seconds as the fizzle time, but it may have been even a bit longer). The way it worked was that when a spell completed channeling, if you had finished casting another non-clicky spell in the last few seconds, you'd get an error message instead of the spell's effect.

So if you wanted to cast a sequence of spells very quickly, you could use an insta-click to speed it up only if none of the spells had short cast times. So most wizards nukes, cleric heals, sure; tash, fast-casting stuns, even mez, not so much.

11. thefaceless

thefaceless New Member

I suspected that might be the case. Thanks all for the information. P99 transplant here.

12. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

Perhpas my memory is worse than I thought :D.

I remember it being important to have (the earring), and wanting it on AK. If it didn't stack with tunare, I couldn't have just wanted it for a junk buff.

Something isn't adding up.

I'm going to message Utdaan on facebook to see if he remembers.

13. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Link, Didn't we need it for an insta clicky against dispelling mobs indoors ? Like one of the Zek fights.

14. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

One thing I was never clear on since I played mostly casters... Did ATK have a certain stacking cap?

I seem to recall hearing that ATK (worn) stacked up to +250 from Vengeance and Aura of X effects. However I seem to also recall hearing that somehow Avatar's 100 ATK also factored into this cap, which is why many VT/EP geared melee didn't bother getting Ferine Avatar or proc their Primal. Was this a thing? Did the cap impact all Worn and buff ATK, or just worn ATK, or just work and some buffs/slots of ATK buffs?

15. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Worn item atk is indeed capped at 250. It's like that on Live still and it's like that in our client. Atk from spells is not factored into this cap. This is easily verified by checking the paper doll value in the client and using GM commands to summon gear/cast buffs. I have the server atk calculations pretty much precise with the client now.

The proc from primal weapons however counts toward the item cap. It's hardcoded that way.

16. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

Yes Neea, that's what I was thinking, but I wouldn't have used it as a junk buff if I couldn't have tunare active.

17. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

Darchon, if memory serves, I don't think attack had a cap from spells/abilities. Worn attack definitely had a base cap of 250 (higher for some classes where Vengeance gave more than 5 per)

Torven is right about the avatar proc weapons. I remember that proc doing nothing once I had max worn attack.

18. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

Okay, so I just remembered as a ranger we didn't use tunare/predator on ourselves, we used protection of the wild, which was a 65 self only buff that combines predator/tunare and a few other things.

Would it make more sense for the earring clicky to stack with PotW?

19. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Link you are confusing yourself because you don't have Warders Protection here yet. Tunare and Pred aren't part of our buff lineup at max. Nature's Precision is, which is what the earring replaces.

20. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

But that extended to all Avatar spells, yes? Primal proc, Avatar, Primal Avatar, and Ferine Avatar were all basically identical (with Ferine being 140 vs 100).

That would make sense because I never recall melee bothering to ask for it. In fact the only time I remember people using Avatar on AlKabor was on a shakerpage warrior to max his dex before a pull.

21. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

Ferine Avatar stacked on top of even max worn attack. Same with Fero.

22. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

Lenas: Ya, that's what I was acknowledging in the post above yours. So I think the earring stacks with warder's protection and PotW. Am I correct in this?

23. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Yes. Goblin earring has atk in slot 1 and Warder's line has atk in slot 2. So at 60 you use Warders, Force of Nature, Gob Ear/Nature's Precision, Wolf form.

24. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

If avatar procs from a weapon, it is item atk. If it is cast from a Shaman, it is spell atk and has no cap. Definitely useful for Monks/Rangers/Rogues on boss fights.

25. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

That would be very peculiar if you're right.

Does the client really know that item proc Avatar spell = 0 ATK and shaman casted Avatar spell = 100 ATK?

26. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

That's how it worked on Live. atk from an item proc counted as item stats. It could be that is only the case with the avatar procs. As Torven said, they are hard coded that way. I seem to remember it being the case with the Dain ring as well. It's been 14 years since I've had a Dain ring though, so correct me if I'm wrong. :)

27. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

I recall Utdaan hating me for group regenning and overwriting his 10th ring because he lost attack. I'm fairly sure he was 250 work ATK also, so it would've been stacking beyond that.

28. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

The code in the client hardcodes the spell ID for a copy of avatar in atk calculations. There are two identical avatar spells in the spell data, and primal weapons use the higher spell ID. If your melee didn't ask for avatar even with 250 item atk, then they were neglectful.

The 10 ring's atk stacks because it's a spell cast, not a worn effect, and only primal weapon procs are hardcoded to be included with the cap.

Ransom likes this.
  29. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

I always fero'd our wizzies on raids, when I wasn't afk of course, to make their attack spells better ;)