Pet equipment slots

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mithryn, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Mithryn

Mithryn Member

Regarding pet equipment slots, how many do they have exactly? For instance, do they have 2 finger, wrist, ear slots, or only 1 each?

The main reason I'm asking is because I was told by an old Al'Kabor player that he used to give 2 rings to his charmed pets (-MR). Would that work here as well, or would only 1 ring's stats be applied?

2. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

If you gave two of anything to an NPC (including a charm pet; summoned pets were the only exception) on Al'Kabor, the second one poofed. So two identical rings weren't possible. This was easy to verify empirically.

I was always told that NPCs only had one ring, one wrist, and one earring slot, and if that's true, two different rings wouldn't have worked, either, but I have no idea how one would go about verifying that.

I do think that if you gave your charmed pet an adamantite band and a pair of rusty spiked shoulderpads, however, it would equip both for a penalty of -20 MR.

3. Mithryn

Mithryn Member

Is it possible for a dev to confirm what the case is?

4. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

One test would be summon a level 1 pet.

Give Platinum Fire Wedding Ring, see pet health increase. Give Golden Fire Wedding Ring, see if pet health changes.

Like Ravenwing said, it should be 1 of all the multi-slots. Wrist / Finger / Ear.

Ravenwing likes this.
  5. Mithryn

Mithryn Member

Good idea. I'll give it a go and report back.

Edit: Tried with the rings and can confirm that only 1 took effect. So, guess it's 1 slot per category here.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  6. cavedude

cavedude Administrator Staff Member

Sorry, I don't normal venture far from the bugs sections. Yes, Wrist/Ear/Finger all use one slot for NPCs in the server code. If you hand them a second item of each type they'll stick it in their general inventory and it won't give them any bonuses.

7. Mithryn

Mithryn Member

Thank you for the clarification/confirmation! :)

8. drktmplr12

drktmplr12 Member

why would you want to reduce the MR of a pet? jw

9. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

For charm.

Hand a pet Adamantine Band and Rusty Spiked Shoulders for -20MR. That's half a Tashan that stacks with everything and when you're done with the charm pet just kill him and loot those items back.

Just don't let your pet die while charmed or your gear goes poof.

10. drktmplr12

drktmplr12 Member

ah! wasn't thinking about it through the lens of charm. thank you.