Question about firepot room in timorous deep

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yinn Yang, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

2. sourdiesel

sourdiesel Active Member

They nerfed binding in TD at some point in Kunark. Before the nerf you could bind in the room.

3. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

I remember a lot of druids, wizards and necros had bound themselves in the firepot room at the beginning of kunark, and were still bound there well after POP came out. Lucky. :)

4. vannari

vannari Well-Known Member

Yeah early people got lucky and bound there, then they nerfed it some months later. I always thought it was a bit odd that they nerfed it and then went and made PoK. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ransom likes this.
  5. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

Hmmm, so if we are truly going to mimic the AK server, should we be able to bind in Firepot room in TD for a couple of months, until they nerf it? ;)

I could have sworn I was able to bind my shaman in there even 2 years before the end of the AK server, but I could be wrong.

6. Cutty

Cutty Well-Known Member

With the aggro range on dragons right now, do you really want to bind there? Beea visited the spot and soon afterwards got aggro..

7. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

It would not surprise me if that's why they ultimately nerfed it... the potential for death-loop is high with Faydedar nearby. I never had any problem with it, but I could see where it might happen if you aggro'd him on the way there and didn't notice until you dropped into the room. I seem to recall either seeing him on druid track near there a few times, or maybe even seeing a spell cast message emanating from him while I was sitting in the room. He can certainly be closeby.

8. Tariabak

Tariabak New Member

Even in the last 6 months of the server, you could bind in the firepot room. You could not be bound there but could bind yourself if you had the ability to bind.

9. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

If you have the ability to bind you can bind yourself anywhere.

10. Tollen

Tollen Member

Fay also would get killed mins after spawn by other NPC on AK. so binding in firepot room would be safe for the eqmac players.

Ravenwing likes this.
  11. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

I can't remember if Timorous was bindable on AK. My instinct is to say it was, but on thinking it over, I don't know why I would ever have had occasion to try.

I agree with Tollen that Faydedar was simply never up on Al'Kabor, because the Iksar Master would always kill him shortly after he spawned. In fact, I believe he was assumed broken and MIA until Lana camped out as his spawn point in 2009 or 2010 and confirmed his existence.

12. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

The Iksar Master killing him isn't an AK specific thing. I can find posts going back even to PC 2004 talking about how the Iksar kills him.

Dec. 2004 --
    "Back when manaburn teams were all the rage, we had the real Faydedar pretty well timed. You definitely have to catch him before the Iksar Master does though."

"After a bit of waiting it then swims out through the submerged tunnels from the hidden island, and then paths past the Iksar Master where it gets killed."

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  13. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

Timorous Deep was bindable on AK. Clerics would regularly bind on the island where you do the epic turn ins.

14. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

[Mon May 28 17:10:10 2012] You are currently bound in: Timorous Deep
    [Tue May 29 15:09:40 2012] You are currently bound in: Timorous Deep
    [Wed Jun 06 18:00:43 2012] You are currently bound in: Timorous Deep
    [Sat Aug 24 17:50:22 2013] You are currently bound in: Timorous Deep

Logs from Al'Kabor. I seem to recall binding there for the druid / cleric epics.

I bound near the evac point and in paradise island if memory serves.

I am unsure if they had a no-bind zone near the firepots on AK though.

15. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

16. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

ah sorry this is my bad, I didn't know they made TD bindable. I told rob during beta that the whole zone was made un-bindable, but I never knew they reversed it.

17. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Not a problem, TD will be made bindable on next server update.

Elrontaur and Oiwon like this.
  18. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Really though... With PoK as an option this isn't a huge deal. It just allows some Druids and wizards quadding spirocs/raptors the ability to quickly get back to their camp and Druids / clerics the ability to quickly travel to epic NPCs.

+1 to allowing binding here like AK had. That cleric epic run is cruel to be required multiple times for the epic.

Mokli, sourdiesel and Oiwon like this.
  19. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

Great memory, I recall this well... and this was actually why I recalled that room being bindable. I came there with my shaman back in about 2009 and as I was in room, I saw a Faydedar casting message. I mentioned in guildchat that I was probably about to die in that room (which I didn't) and Lana immediately sent me a tell saying "Really?!?! I've been looking for him for years, didn't think he existed." She went over there a bit later and he was no longer up... but it inspired her to wait (since she had the timer at that point). A few days later she linked me the Water Shield that he had dropped for her :)

Even in dungeons? Because that's what I thought also, but when I tried to bind a druid in Dalnir a couple of days ago and got the message "Try a city". Are binding classes supposed to be able to bind virtually anywhere? That would be nice, because getting that far into Dalnir was sure a task.

20. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Nah, there were a few exceptions.

21. robregen

dungeons other than classic are not bindable at all.

22. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Kunark, Velious and Luclin - INDOOR Dungeons are all unbindable.

Cities like Kael or outdoor dungeons like Karnor's should be bindable however.

In PoPower, every zone should allow you to bind. I seem to recall there being an issue to binding in the PoTorment stomach pit when I was farming blood. Maybe it was only preventing conjure corpsing though?

23. robregen

24. surron

surron People Like Me

I think that list is showing where you can bind melees at.

I played druid back on live and would bind in KC to do evacs.

Mokli likes this.
  25. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

+1 here. I distinctly recall binding a gate class (probably shaman, maybe druid) at entrance to KC and used that if I got into trouble.

Although, it wouldn't surprise me if it was only possible to bind at KC entrance... I never tried further in.

Mokli likes this.
  26. Seknah

Seknah Member

It has been a long time, I have never made it to levels or want to attempt to bind in these zones on Al'Kabor, I only made it to the 30s before Sunset. But this is what I recall from my many years on EQLive and to note I could be mistaken and/or outdated with changes to these zones.

Chardok - Unbinbdable at launch, changes later on made it a bindable zone for those with the spell. I believe it was after PoP so would not be on Al'Kabor. I was able to bind melee there when Chardok B was put in.
    City of Mist - Unbindable at Launch, changed to bindable for those with spell after the late-kunark reitemization, changed to being able to bind anyone some time around Velious/Luclin. Untested on Al'Kabor since I never got there.
    Crypt of Dalnir - Unbindable at launch, to my knowledge remains unbindable forcing people to bind outside dungeon.
    Charasis - Unbindable at launch, changed later on some time after PoP I believe to bind if you had the spell.
    Kaesora - Unbindable at launch, changed to bindable at a time I do not recall, I remember binding druid at the ground spawn for VP key to check on respawn for my alts. City outside the dungeon was a "bind for anyone"* area, not sure if it was on AK
    Karnor - Was considered an outdoor zone and was bindable at least at entrance at launch. I do recall binding druid near Venril Sathir later on after PoP however to check spawns (Top layer, the area where VSR wanders gave me the "find a city zone" message)
    Kurn - Unbindable at launch. Unknown if it was ever changed.
    Nurga/Droga - Unbindable at launch. Remained unbindable even after revamps and changes to bindability to other dungeons.
    Sebilis - Unbindable at launch. I was able to bind my druid near Trakanon some time after PoP.
    VP - I never attempted to bind, but I would assume it was unbindable and remained thus.

*Areas that had the ability to bind melee - Unsure if it was on Al'Kabor or not.
    Classic - Gypsy Camp in Northern Karana
    Kunark - Kaesora Outer City in Field of Bone
    Kunark - Some area I do not know the name, but I know how to get there in Frontier Mountains

As for Timorous Deep - It was bindable at launch, but was made unbindable after it was found people were "exploiting" the fast travel. Changed around Luclin/PoP to permit binding again since the reason for removing bind there was all out in Luclin (Nexus) and PoP (Knowledge Portals)

27. Khorpus

Khorpus Well-Known Member

I remember being able to bind a cleric and druid in naggy's lair towards the latter days of AK, but that makes sense since it's classic.