Double exp during holiday weekends / zone works

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by souske, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

ahh strange, i didn't spend much time in umbral plains except running to vex thal haha

2. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

But u r right about persuit range. There were mobs that did that.

3. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Hax...

4. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Duh.

5. Pinoit

Pinoit Well-Known Member

Haynar what level are you? My husband and I have loads of toons at various levels... maybe you just need some grouping action!

6. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

My biggest issue is I spend more time doing dev work than playing. I am in no hurry to level. Thanks though.

7. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

As someone who missed out on most of the Double XP, I would love to see another Double XP time period with a decent amount of advanced notice. Even if it's only for a weekend. Due to various XP issues with the previous code, I feel that I've been penalized for XP when I wasn't one of the peeps exploiting. This has cost me a huge amount of XP and more Double XP would help to make up for the difference.

I'm sure many other of the TAKP players feel the same way.

8. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

The majority of those Peeps that took advantages of the previous xp code went on to create their own server. I had remained in my teen level since day one of Server Beta and I don't feel like I've been penalized. :) But I did took advantages of the Double Xp week and now I'm in my late 20s.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  9. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Lron, let me know what day works good for you and you can keep your toons logged in while you're at work and I'll PL them from 40-50 in no time ;)

Elrontaur likes this.
  10. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Wut? So wrong on so many levels....

11. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

12. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

At first I felt the same, but then remembered what AK was all about. There's no rush.

13. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I used to get so mad, when eqlive would do the double exp and i couldnt play.

Was working on ghoulbane quest on sk, so I have it ready if i ever do epic. That was fun going to camp different things.

I am in no hurry to level. I am doing quests. Camping things I never did before. Trying new zones. Its fun. Camping for a BAM now, then off to something else next. Not sure what. Just playing it by ear.

I have no desire to be king of the nerds, and make it to 50 first.

14. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

BAM camp is kinda fun I found, though I did it with 3 lvl 50 chars, so I was just busting trains for a couple hours and feeling like a king of nerds, or goblins. Elron it sucks you missed the weekend sorry to hear that.

15. Wilshire

Wilshire New Member

I'm going to have to agree with this one, this game is 16? years old and a lot of us had a lot more time to play back in the day when we did a lot of this for the first time. Its a lot of fun leveling up new toons and the double xp makes it more enjoyable seeing as how all of us are use to the grind, we appreciate it a lot more to make a lot of progress in one sitting! Besides, there is still a gear grind to keep us in check!

16. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

The only major issue with double xp being more often is, we have limited resources when it comes to developing new(old) content. Getting a majority of the population to top level and farming gear before the server is ready to unlock more content will lead to obvious burnout. But on the flip side, forever grinding is also a source of burnout, but that is how the game was designed. It's the game we all learned to love/hate :)

17. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Was there double exp on Alkabor? Yet another reason not to implement it here. This is a re-creation, not a custom content server. There are other emu servers that cater to quicker gameplay, they are a lot of fun too. Double exp was insanely quick, having it all the time is just going to water down the server. It was a really nice thought that the dev team implemented due to significant down time, there is no way it should be regular or all the time.

Speedz likes this.
  18. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

I have been spending time in OT collecting ingredients for poison-making. I often come across 2-3 mobs in exact same spawn point. Kind of stacked on top of each other, and not moving. Is this what you mean ?