Quest Requests

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WasNdor, Apr 15, 2024.

1. WasNdor

WasNdor Member

I've recently started a Nec, Bst, Mag trio and have been playing them like I have nothing. No MGBs, earn all my own gear, avoid the Bazaar as much as possible and explore things I've missed by trying to PL my way through the game for the 30 thousandth time.

I started earning items for Twilight Gear, mostly because I never have before and I can, and it got me thinking. What quests are out there that are rewarding? Either because the take me to places that I've never been or they give me an item that was worth the time I invested.

So, I'm asking. What are some of your favorite/most rewarding quests?

They don't have to be for the greatest items, just rewarding. I'm looking to play these guys different than I ever have. So far it's been a blast

2. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

Rallic Pack is decent if you don't mind some tailoring. I always enjoyed doing tailoring because I usually level in the karanas. There are some really neat quests like Paw of Opalla that has a bit of lore behind it. The necro skullcap series in kunark is neat if you're an iksar.

3. WasNdor

WasNdor Member

This is perfect!!! Thank you. The Necro is an Ikky. If I can ever get the Hope Diamond to drop for my Bst's heal enhancement, I can hit pause on the twilight gear and start this

4. Elroz

I think the first 8 skullcaps are doable in this era, the final one was added a year or two after AK's timeline so it isn't doable on TAKP. It's less useful, but it's a big quest chain at least and it's interesting.

5. iraxion

iraxion Well-Known Member

Clay Bracelet for your magician, if you don't have it already. Useful little thing.

6. Foxboxx

Foxboxx People Like Me

If there are ever any twilight armor quest pieces you are getting annoyed with, you can always check the merchants near the rockhopper caves. People just unload massive amounts of random armor quest items onto them. I think Darchon is still giving a reward for whoever completes a full set of leather twilight armor, so that could be a secondary quest!

7. Break

Break People Like Me

Pretty sure Darchon already paid out on that.

8. Mechaike

Mechaike Well-Known Member

Bracer of benevolence, circlet of the falinkan, coldain military wristguard are a few that may interest you. Blessed coldain prayer shawl, and coldain ring quests also but the effort is quite a bit higher on those two.

'Earning' the CoV faction would be a chore so you may want to tag along on some Kael named to help you be ready...

9. WasNdor

WasNdor Member

Thank you so much everyone. I'm looking forward to tackling as many of these as I can

10. Frosst

Frosst Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 17, 2024
  11. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Words of Darkness gives a great necro inventory clicky, useful for instantly refreshing spell gems between casts.

12. Manstache

Manstache Active Member

Jboots do the same thing and work indoors too! ;)

Pithy likes this.
  13. Kithani

Kithani Well-Known Member

The twilight armor quests are pretty low on the “rewarding quests” list IMO, the design is terrible and basically was never replicated again in EQ to my knowledge.

Same with that hope Diamond drop rate

Break and Frosst like this.
  14. Elroz

I vaguely remember originally the twilight quest drops only came from specific npcs, and they only dropped 1 per kill. I think right before PoP came out, they made it so each named could drop 20+ different pieces, usually up to 4-5 per kill. So if you were a druid and trying to get twilight boots, you had to farm 3 specific quest-droppers to get the drops you needed. The drops actually made sense when you looked at them, like if it seemed like it came from a desert, then it probably dropped in scarlet desert. After they merged them, they no longer made sense for which npc dropped them.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2024
    Break likes this.
  15. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

jboots work indoors?

16. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

For resetting gems they do, not for using as a junk buff. I fixed this up together with taking one click to reset spell gems.

Break likes this.
  17. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

so do horses

18. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

huh. I hunchspect that's inAKurate but have nothing but FEELS to back it up!

19. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Does anyone have an AK log of someone using a bridle, jboots, or shaman SoW boots to refresh spell gems in an indoor zone?

20. Elroz

I don't think we even have logs of someone using insta clicks to refresh gems in general. Seems like last time I searched for clickies, it was a wizard in someone's group using them, wasn't even the person with logs running - was the best I could find. I do see these karana's rage triggering the outdoor check at the end of spell cast though. Which seems weird - I thought the check was before the spell even started casting, but looking at logs, it lets the spell finish casting then says "must be outdoors". It'd make sense that j-boots would work for refresh in that case though, as it'd try casting them and finishing the cycle and then give the error at the end.

[Thu Sep 19 23:50:29 2013] You begin casting Karana's Rage.
    [Thu Sep 19 23:50:30 2013] Jabekn begins to cast a spell.
    [Thu Sep 19 23:50:31 2013] a swirlspine seahorse begins to cast a spell.
    [Thu Sep 19 23:50:32 2013] a swirlspine seahorse begins to cast a spell.
    [Thu Sep 19 23:50:32 2013] You have been struck by the wrath of the gods. You have taken 119 points of damage.
    [Thu Sep 19 23:50:32 2013] a swirlspine seahorse begins to cast a spell.
    [Thu Sep 19 23:50:33 2013] a swirlspine seahorse's casting is interrupted!
    [Thu Sep 19 23:50:34 2013] You can only cast this spell in the outdoors.

[Thu Sep 19 23:53:58 2013] You begin casting Karana's Rage.
    [Thu Sep 19 23:53:59 2013] Swirlspine Guardian hits YOU for 94 points of damage.
    [Thu Sep 19 23:53:59 2013] Swirlspine Guardian hits YOU for 125 points of damage.
    [Thu Sep 19 23:53:59 2013] Swirlspine Guardian begins to cast a spell.
    [Thu Sep 19 23:53:59 2013] You resist the Vortex spell!
    [Thu Sep 19 23:54:00 2013] Jabekn begins to cast a spell.
    [Thu Sep 19 23:54:00 2013] Phinigel Autropos is stunned by a gust of air.
    [Thu Sep 19 23:54:01 2013] Swirlspine Guardian hits YOU for 136 points of damage.
    [Thu Sep 19 23:54:01 2013] Swirlspine Guardian hits YOU for 42 points of damage.
    [Thu Sep 19 23:54:03 2013] Swirlspine Guardian begins to cast a spell.
    [Thu Sep 19 23:54:03 2013] You can only cast this spell in the outdoors.

[Wed Jul 03 21:41:10 2002] You begin casting Summon Horse.
    [Wed Jul 03 21:41:10 2002] Your Brown Silken Bridle begins to glow.
    [Wed Jul 03 21:41:13 2002] You can only cast this spell in the outdoors.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2024
    Pithy likes this.
  21. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

The check happening at the end of the spell seems like a good argument for jboots gem refresh working indoors: the spell casts, but the buff doesn't land. Also this 2005 post from Kyth on the Tem forums:

I imagine that "I cast a spell, set gem cooldowns according to the fizzle time!" and "I cast a spell, sync mana with server" are both events that trigger under the same set of circumstances.

Pithy likes this.
  22. Manstache

Manstache Active Member

It's a little goofy anyone would think other quested reset clickies were necessary if jboots did that.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
    Pithy likes this.
  23. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Huh. So I guess knights can use their (instant) AA horses for indoor gem-reset clickies too?

24. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Unfortunately. Nothing like trying to find a spot to be able to hit a mob with 10 horses nearby.

Pithy and lurari like this.
  25. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

I recall on P99 someone dug up some 2001 screenshots of someone using JBoots clicks during a Dain kill to remove cooldown.

Pithy and Manstache like this.