Mesmerization is not sticking on Enforcers in PoJ

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pivoo, Mar 17, 2024.

1. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

I'm just wondering what I may be doing wrong, since I remember in the past Dazle did stick on them. Could be, since I'm trying to PL 'little one' with DS on enchanter, mob get so much hate to enchanter, that mesmerization simple drops right away? But if I send one nuke from my little one (shaman) he will pull the aggro, so hate can't be so high?

Enchanter has druid's 40 DS damage shield and Fire illusion for aditional DS. I dropped both off, so when casting mesmerization few times, mob was not being hit by DS. Yet every mez attempt drops or in the same second or withing couple seconds. Two days ago, 4 mez attempts yesterday two. What I am doing wrong?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2024
  2. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Here is an example, when I had DS and fire illusion on, and I though this was the reason mesmerization wasn't sticking. That is why in upper example I dropped them before attempting to mez, but it didn't make any difference

3. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Not pulling with flamelick or dotting the mob or anything right?

Something mentioned on another server is that certain Mez spells (those with 1% memwipe chance) were memwiping mobs a lot more than they should. Didn't think that was a thing here though. This can be tested in an arena though if you wanted to. The target sees the forgotton message in red.

pivoo likes this.
  4. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

I agree with Mokli that a break within a few seconds of mez landing does sound suspiciously like a sneaky DoT! Perhaps a weapon proc?

Mezzes with blur effects don't break themselves, so I don't think that's likely to be the issue. (As an aside, an effect that has a 1% chance to mem blur in the spell data always has at least a 26% chance of success in practice. This is not a bug.)

pivoo and Mokli like this.
  5. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

The 1% mem wipe chance on Mez spells is only one part of a three part equation.

The second part is level on the mob. Under level 17 is 100%, above level 53 is 25% and it scales between there.

The third part is charisma. (CHA-150)/10 caps at 15.

So a Mez on a level 55 mob with a 305 CHA enchanter is 1+25+15, so 41% chance to blur with Mez.

Edit: Seems Ravenwing beat me to it.

Tecmos.Deception and pivoo like this.
  6. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Dangit yes it is a user error. Again! Always!

I asked for non damage options to pull, someone advised me to pull with Tash. Well I have Tashania clicky so hell yeah, I can save me a spell slot!

I just checked that Tashania and yeah it has some poison counter, so it is a DoT doh!

Shissar Nullifier Staff
    https://www.takproject.net/allaclone/item.php?id=6676
    https://www.takproject.net/allaclone/spell.php?id=678

Sorry everyone, bad bad clumsy player here. At least this time I didn't file a bug report! :p:D

And thanks for the help. Three days in a row I was pulling with Tashania grrr...

7. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Tash will not DoT even though it is a poison counter spell. Some other spell is DoTing them.

pivoo likes this.
  8. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Interesting. Will test in next few days and report. It really shouldn't be anything else, since enchanter pulls with Tashania and that's it. Mobs then melt on triple DS that is on enchanter. Enchanter doesn't do anything else, just stands there.

Will play around, pull with regular tash or something else and see if there is a difference.

9. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Are you charming any mobs in particular? Some mobs proc DoTs or cast DoTs.

pivoo likes this.
  10. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

if you're using damage shields to splode mobs, you might consider AE stunning when you need to re-rune or heal, rather than mezzing

pivoo likes this.
  11. Dominar

Dominar Well-Known Member

Do the fiends proc a DoT?

pivoo likes this.
  12. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

My bad, this is soooooo embarrassing! Sorry everyone. I was doing minimum damage to get XP with my shaman and I was using Sicken, lvl 5 not realizing that it is DoT. So sorry!

Sometimes I think I'm too dumb and dense for this game. But I like it...

Frosst, Nafse, Mokli and 2 others like this.
  13. Nafse

Nafse Well-Known Member

A rollercoaster of a read. Lovely