12-6-2023

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Dec 6, 2023.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Solar

* fix AE spells hitting caster if standing too close, seems I broke this a while back
    * Implement reversed tap spells as recourse buffs. These are manly spells on items like Shissar Deathspeaker Staff and A Dark Reaver.

Lifetap spells cause the caster's client to emote some messages like "Ahhh, I feel much better now...". Some of these messages are only sent for characters level 34 and below.
    Note that there is a weird edge case when lifetapping a rune, where other players will see the message "You groans and looks a little weaker." with the word "You" in place of the player's name - this is client behavior and reproduced intentionally.
    Robregen
    * Reverted the random spawnpoint Cache that could be causing issue with ghostings.

Database:
    Elroz

* Xicotl will now be on Mayong Mistmoore faction and no longer give negative Indigo Brotherhood hits, also added his missing agro emote
    * Treants will now assist animals in old world zones
    * Added missing npc "a wulfware lonewolf" to dreadlands - 8th necro skullcap quest will not be completable still, so long as hermit hands out wrong container
    * Added missing rare npc "scarlet cheetah huntress" to scarlet desert and fixed up the named cheetah spawn table to match alla comments
    * Added missing npc "Sunlord Wedazi" to scarlet desert
    * Added missing npc "a grimling foreman" to tenebrous, rarely drops Master's Eitchatka
    * Added missing npc "a greater water elemental" to twilight
    * Zahal the Vile in northkarana will be attacked by gypsies and the druid guildmaster, also a 2 hour respawn instead of 12 minutes.
    * Worked on permafrost spawn groups to fix up spawn diversity in goblins a bit.
    Robregen
    * Lower Guk: fixed the zone out behind the king throne so it should now zone out to Upper Guk entrance.
    * Akanon: the star fixtures located throughout the zone should now spins.

Script:
    Elroz

* Added missing lightstone quest to lake rathe gypsy, Srynda. Also added the missing dialogue to Oasis version.
    * Added some missing dialogue for Whistling Fists quest

Last edited: Dec 6, 2023
  2. RossGuy

RossGuy Well-Known Member

Any chance on fixing the necro skullcap quest? Would be fun and give necros something to do in PoP lol

Frosst likes this.
  3. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

I checked with the other devs and they're ok with me fixing the 8th cap, the 9th cap would require getting a bunch of items that didn't exist in our DB so that's a different story - the 8th cap i already prepared in case we ever decided to enable it. It'll go in with next patch or next hotfix whichever comes first

pivoo, Pithy, Mechaike and 6 others like this.
  4. Braven

Braven Well-Known Member

I think lifetaps are manly, too.

Polly, Mechaike and Ravenwing like this.
  5. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

huge! thank you devs

6. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

oh nm sorry got too excited, this isn't the 9th cap we all dream of

7. RossGuy

If y'all could figure out a way to implement broken quests like the 9th cap, Sheild of the Dark, etc. that would be awesome! :D

8. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

if the 9th cap items were in the database i'd totally be on board to fix it up and add it, same with the warrior pikes we're missing. I don't think the effect on the necro cap is even in the DB either though. They're all outside the takp database range though - and i dunno how other devs would feel on that

RossGuy and Cadsuane like this.
  9. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

Our poor necros need SOMETHING to keep them logging in :(

lurari, pivoo, Opilione and 1 other person like this.
  10. Frosst

Frosst Well-Known Member

Theoretical question: Do we have the technological capability to create a custom effect on an item / include an item that isn't in the database?

11. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

"something" would be Oessin, not skull cap ;)
    but I'm guessing neither would have a statistically significant effect on logging in long-term.

lurari and RossGuy like this.
  12. RossGuy

Good news — Ossien is in the database!

lurari, Mokli, Frosst and 1 other person like this.
  13. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Reimplement Ossein. I’m so sad it never droooed the 2 weeks it was in :(.

lurari, RossGuy, Break and 1 other person like this.
  14. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

+1 for Ossein, it would be a really nice fix to add it in, considering all the other PoTime loot adjustments that have been made to make it a more enjoyable raiding experience

lurari, Opilione, Tyrion and 3 others like this.
  15. hemper

hemper New Member

*whisles in necro

lurari likes this.
  16. DarkAkuma

DarkAkuma Member

Glad I searched the forum. Was about to try starting the skullcap quest for my new necro. 1-7 look fairly useless, 8 only minor use, and 9 being the whole point of doing any of it. Bummer.

17. Tecmos.Deception

Tecmos.Deception Active Member

<3

Any chance of the teleporters out of the hole getting some love?

18. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

unfortunately, there is only one way to zone out. sorry.