11-22-2023

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Nov 22, 2023.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Solar

* adjusted spell casting packets so spell gem behavior is more consistent on spell failures. a single cast of an item clears the recovery timer on the client.
    * add spell slot -1 to enum
    * specialization skills behavior adjusted so it won't reset or increase if over cap - this is reported to be AKurate behavior
    * lowered rate of success on intimidation/instill doubt
    * adjustment to spell counters calculation
    * delete any remaining item records when an empty corpse is saved to the db
    * counter effects tweak - made it so RGC can cure Epoch Conviction
    Robregen
    * NPCs with bows and arrows in their loot table will do ranged attacks instead of using special attack option. Partially Merged from EQEmu credit to Mackal.
    Chazix (pulled from EQMacEmu repo)
    * [libuv] Bump to v1.44.2 from v1.26.0 (https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/pull/2658)
    * [Process Management] import changes from EQEmu to use EQ::EventLoop (libuv) for: eqlaunch, loginserver, queryserv, world, ucs; additional sending of world->ucs ServerOP_KeepAlive (https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/commit/77c3841a49886ac544fa3a0286ec760839992e67 https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/com...95d1cf4bb1daf498e0b3964207369e38b354ddf92f1b0)

Database:
    Elroz

*Added "Banker" faction to the 2 barbarian guards in qeynos bank, they will now assist each other
    *vampire bats in Lguk will be dubious instead of scowls, as per AK logs
    *Fixed up Akanon Clockwork Guard/Spider loot tables
    *Fixed Research combines for "minor summoning : fire" and "minor summoning : water" to craft the same version of the spell that is vendor buyable and used in further combines.
    *Highkeep merchants/bankers will now be attackable, and bankers will attack kos players.
    *Fixed a few merchants that weren't on a faction to be on an indifferent-to-all faction instead, so faction raising spells will function on them (shady swashbuckler, bubar, few other EC and rathe mountains merchants)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2023
    benoeb, Linkamus, Lyrina and 3 others like this.
  2. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

anyone else noticing weird lag/delay when zoning, succoring, and also starting bazaar trader?

3. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I noticed this when starting my trader

4. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

potimeA dials are a bit busted

started the instance, lots of people couldn't click in
    then portals said drained

took around 30-60sec for them to start working, meanwhile mobs were spawning in the trials

very very scary and very bad times :(

5. JemiS

JemiS Active Member

I DC'd a couple of times when zoning and was having some bad lag each login.

6. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

We will try messing with it tomorrow morning when people aren't raiding, thanks for the info.

7. Inacht

Inacht People Like Me

We were initially only able to zone in 36 chars in time, we had 3 trial groups so big scramble when that happened, each trial with only part of their crew in. we got the rest in after ~a minute.

Also abolish disease does not seem to be curing breath of the fallen on pets.

8. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Looting your corpse is now weird. When you loot bags, it kicks you out of the loot screen and you have to re-start looting.

9. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

you can hear the "item looted" sound several times too when looting full bags where you couldn't before. seems like maybe it's sending too many item packet thingies at once to the client or somesuch

10. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

I've always had that issue on takp, some bags were very loud because of the overlapping sound effects. Never could figure out a fix :(

11. The Shade

The Shade Active Member

There is no fix, other than maybe holy water. It's the collective screams from the souls of the NPCs that you've killed over the years.

12. solar

Hotfixed this thanks.
    We just restarted the server and changed some settings that I think might help with the lag, but not sure what happened to it yet.

Inacht and Cadsuane like this.
  13. Barnd0g

Barnd0g People Like Me

Evading is slower...when I evac in a trio then is several evac sounds on a mac are made...trader is slower to load and zoning is general is slower...something got busted last patch? If so its still busted...

14. Barnd0g

Barnd0g People Like Me

Evacing rather

15. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

yeah, a bit of lag that didn't exist before doing certain things.

16. Barnd0g

Barnd0g People Like Me

Yep I think the upgrade was actually a downgrade. Do we have any idea what is causing this and how to fix it?

17. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

has been like this since the first patch

also looting bags still busted
    if you are looting your own corpse and click your bags to loot them quickly, it exits out your loot window
    can happen 2-3 times when you're looting your own corpse

if you wait 2 sec between clicking the bags, it seems to be okay...

also not sure if new issue, but when you right click a merchant that won't let you trade with them, you lose your target and it turns off attack

not sure if this is something new but just noticed it

to replicate just start attacking a merchant, then right click the merchant

18. solar

Is this still the case? Rob made some changes to it a couple hours ago.

19. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

yes to both afte today's hotfix few hours ago

20. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

I, too, got kicked off a corpse while looting my bags after the hotfix, though it only happened once rather than several times.

21. solar

Thanks for the info, I guess we'll keep looking!

22. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

this is quite a nice QoL fix
    didn't expect it to be as good as it has been

thanks vey much

Mechaike, Manstache and Cadsuane like this.
  23. solar

We poked the server some more in hopes of fixing the lag/looting issues reported here.