A call for log files

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stairs, Jul 15, 2014.

1. stairs

stairs New Member

Im looking for log files from AK so I can normalize the combat code to be more correct. feel free to strip all tells and chat from them I'm only looking for pure melee data.

2. Placer

Placer Well-Known Member

Will we need to tweak what gets displayed for the log to be useful or does it see everything? I tend to leave out my misses.

3. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Edit - NM

4. stairs

stairs New Member

Im looking for logs from al'kabor not tak that have all combat skills logged :)

5. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

TigerTugger from Destiny had detailed logs of many of our raid encounters, he's my friend on FB I'll ask him to send me some.

6. TigerTugger

TigerTugger New Member

Message received :)

I have to clean all the sensitive officer chat out of my logs, and I'm away on vacation at the moment until 28th August. I'll get right onto that as soon as I get back, and then send everything I have over. I logged a lot of Destiny's Tier 0 to 8 raids so hopefully will be some good stuff in there for you.

7. lurari

lurari People Like Me

If you can run Windows, GamParse has an option to strip all chat from your logs as you do an export.

8. furst

furst Member

sensitive officer chat, are you guys the NSA?

9. Stench

Stench New Member

I'll check my old client for anything I may have, I should have a bunch of logs still on disk!

10. TigerTugger

TigerTugger New Member

Nah just the usual private tells, grievance handling and dirty laundry that is best left unaired. Part and parcel of MMOs.

I've started work on these files but at the moment I'm just gathering them all in one place and removing duplicates etc.

11. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Some of you may already know that parsing logs is kind of my gig, so I'm going to chime in here and specify what I need.

Logs of raid bosses/encounters that are no longer on live or were changed since the PoP era are extremely valuable. Fights like Vulak and Sleeper's Tomb bosses. Caster and melee perspectives are both desired.

12. Zamiel

Zamiel Member

I still have the log files from everything that I ever did for my 4ish years on Al'Kabor. So we are talking probably 1 gig or more of logs. Do you want a big dump like that? I would have to grep out all the cybersex though (there would be a lot).

13. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

sure we would like that. we have a bunch of stuff on google drive. You could either send it to Torven or myself and we can add it to our google drive..

14. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Wow, sounds like a gold mine. Yes, I very much want that 1 gig. Text files compress very well so you can just 7z it or whatever. I can parse all sorts of things from logs like max hit, special attack frequency (i.e. ramp), slowability, melee attack rates, even resist value estimates. We really don't want to be pulling these numbers out of our asses for raid bosses.

15. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

So anyway, since the server is going to enter essentially a launch state in a month, I need to focus my efforts on the classic content.

Classic content is the most heavily altered content on Live and the content I have the least logs of. So I'm putting out a call for classic logs in particular. Also I will take SCREENSHOTS as well if they have NPC damage values in them. In particular I need the raid content or any of the classic end game stuff. (fire giants, efreeti, kedge etc) It doesn't have to be from AK, it can also be from PC EQ if taken any time between 1999-2003.

Sadly I have received logs from only a couple of people and they were all from NToV which I already had plenty of, so really ANYTHING would be nice at this point.

16. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Torven you have been doing an amazing job, its great that you are preserving and analyzing this data. Any luck hearing from any of the Vintage crew? I noticed their website is still up http://www.eqvintage.com/. I unfortunately don't know anyone personally in the guild to refer you to though.

17. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

In the hopes that it will encourage some shy players to contribute log files, I wrote a short lua script that reads log files and creates copies with all chat text removed. It can be downloaded at this link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9w2lZ ... sp=sharing

It will however require lua to be installed. You can get it here:

http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaBinaries

The advantage to using lua is that you don't have to trust my binary and you can examine the simple easily readable code; plus it runs on several platforms.

My script is written to preserve as much non-player chat text as possible, so NPC says with multi-word names will be preserved.

Once installed, edit the script to include the path of your log files and the path of the directory to place the copies in, then run:

lua chatremover.lua

at the command line

18. Nafgan

Nafgan New Member

After I saw you change your sig I actually dug out my old HDD and attempted to find my EQ install. Sadly it is long since gone. I also asked a few friends I knew from back in the day who played on PC during 1999-2003 but most of them had lost that data as well.

I just wanted you to know I tried!

19. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

Thought I would bump this old thread, as Torven and I have been scouring logs looking for information on vanilla era mobs. If anyone has any log files from AK server or from Late 2002 Live or earlier that they wouldn't mind sharing to Torven or myself. Can use tools posted above by Torven to remove all player dialogue before submitting them if you're worried about privacy, although sometimes the player dialogue has been very helpful in fixing things.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2023
    Quirk likes this.
  20. Kithani

Kithani Well-Known Member

I will also put out a call for logs but I only want the spicy officer chat drama, you can cut out all the mob stuff.

Elroz and Ravenwing like this.