Single box server - opinions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by solar, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

lol...

Also, even if you can get the Mac client to work with the current state of the server (its still close to TAKP), it doesn't mean that with some feature down the road they will break Mac support and just not care about fixing it. You're buying as is.

RossGuy likes this.
  2. Kithani

Kithani Well-Known Member

I hit the “like” button at this point

annnnnd immediately the “unlike” button!

One is an oafish joke race (in fact one of the few I think the Luclin models are far and away obviously superior with no room for debate) while Trolls are majestic swans of the swamp!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2023
    Hoodlum and Break like this.
  3. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

Swamp swans! I love it. I only use old models and I find those two races (and vah shir due to lack of displayed armor) to be just boring... but at least I can make eye contact with a vah shir

4. Kithani

Kithani Well-Known Member

It’s fair, I was not a fan for years. At some point I realized trolls were just a goofball clownshow race and play it that way which I think their old model fits perfect, although I don’t envision it as a true Inny/Cazic following race… maybe more of they’re so dumb they got bamboozled into following evil gods and don’t even realize they’re doing evil. I think for this aesthetic they were the race that got the shortest stick when the Luclin models came out, with the conehead Erudites probably being #2

Ogres on the other hand… (admittedly I work healthcare-adjacent) their face models look like they were assaulted with a shovel 5 minutes ago and just rolled into the trauma bay and in 2023 they just look like victims of the obesity epidemic rather than some fearsome warmonger race

Last edited: Aug 11, 2023
    Hoodlum and Tuluvien like this.
  5. Starsha

Starsha Member

It would have been nice not to have to do that combine 7 times!!! I do still appreciate all the help from guildies to get it done!!

6. greenspectre

greenspectre New Member

This comment aged like milk lol

7. Break

Break People Like Me

It aged like a fine wine if you take it literally rather than sarcastically.

8. greenspectre

greenspectre New Member

Well played, sir

9. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

I'll admit I was very wrong on this one. Pretty wild server population. Hope y'all kids are having a good time and being nice to each other :)

10. greenspectre

greenspectre New Member

It's been super refreshing actually. The lack of "competition" in a guild v guild sense has meant even with limited content there's just...no fighting (shakira shakira). It's a huge relief compared to Green p99

11. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

We’ll see…. The server is not even 2 months old. There’s plenty of time for the landscape to change.

12. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

What raid mobs even exist? Naggy/Vox?

13. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

And Phinigel. They also are considering fire giants raid mobs currently.

14. Torrinn

Torrinn Active Member

The "dependencies" on other players, that are built into this game, are what builds a community. Without it, there might as well just be a single class that does everything that all the other classes do.

15. Braven

Braven Well-Known Member

Yea, and you get the bonus of being bored af playing a single box in eq

16. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

"There are too many people, I can't get into a group and I can't solo."
    "There aren't enough people, i can't get into a group and I can't solo."

Cadsuane and solar like this.
  17. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

I think a two-box server could be fun. ENC/CLR and ENC/DRU duos would rule the world (unless the devs nerfed charm), and SHM/melee duos would abound, but I think it'd be a nice change of pace for a while.

Another cool thing about finite-lifetime spin-off servers is that the rulesets could change. Spin off a two-box server one year, a one-box server the next, try a six-box server the year after that.... Give folks opportunities to enjoy the game in different ways.

18. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

A finite spin-off server could even contain wacky stuff like new custom zones, custom revamps/re-itemizations of lovable old zones, interesting PvP rules, or a "dungeons only" map with most outdoor zones disabled and custom portals between dungeons, or... idk, whatever the devs can imagine and implement, really. Make a classic-only server with level 65 cap and AAs enabled and retune all the classic dungeon difficulties and drops to that player level. Who knows! It'd only last a year or w/e so you could get zany.

19. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

or maybe do a reverse progression. where PoP zones are all low level zones. and crushbone / Blackburrow would be the high level hard raid zone. lol

Mechaike, pivoo, pharmakos and 7 others like this.
  20. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Yes! The sixteen-wave Ring of Dvinn, with carrion orcs spawning whenever players die.

Mechaike, Frosst and Cadsuane like this.
  21. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Emperor Quarm Crush!

22. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Kerra Isle being the end raid zone would be terrifying. Cats would haunt our dreams.

Quirk likes this.
  23. Braven

Braven Well-Known Member

My custom dream is where percentage heals are removed and all normal heals are doubled. Make Healing Great Again.

24. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Ugh, yeah, just remove complete heal from the game. Rots are such a terrible mechanic.

25. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

But ummm like SL would just be a 2 second CH in that scenario, which seems like an even more terrible mechanic.

Cadsuane likes this.
  26. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Basically post OoW era EverQuest healing?

I’ve got a bunch of custom wishes at this point. Some really minor ones that I actually wouldn’t mind seeing hit TAKP:

• Tower of Sol Ro - Ornate added to all trash
    • Praesertum and Halls of Testing Drakes changed from 7-day respawn to 3-day
    • Phase 2/3 time respawn increased to match Phases4-6 so that there’s more flexibility in scheduling days and not having to repeat Phase 2/3.
    • Mass Imbues and Enchants added to custom vendor in PoK

Then there’s a few things I’d like to see but probably don’t belong on TAKP. But if people have a problem with requiring no bypass flagging, I think this would be a cool solution.

Id like to see a bunch of the PoP flagging raids have a second version that is an increased difficulty, aimed at Time flagged guilds. Across the board probably increase HP by 2x just so that you can’t DPS past mechanics with current gear. These mobs would be spawned just before their area by talking to an NPC nearby and it would swap out the normal mob with the difficult one. Your reward for doing the harder version would be something like 12-24 tradeable one use flags for that encounter. So you could do a full raid cycle and have 12-24 full elemental flags sitting around for a new applicant to use to jump into current content with your guild.

• Grummus - add a targeted AE that requires you position to tank separately from the raid or the raid gets blasted with big damage, plus a few sets of add puslings / undead every 20% or so.
    • MB - Permaroot in center of room and give him ability to CotH all living spiders that aren’t in the room every 3-4seconds blurring them giving your CC team a much smaller window to grab each one and prevent them from exploding. Also make the hallways have an AE going on while MB is engaged so you’re forced to move everyone inside.
    • Aerin’Dar - Add frontal and rear AEs to make positioning him important. Add a casted root to all the adds so they cannot be kited and increase their damage output and HP.
    • TT - Butterfly waves never stop. Every 10% you get a butterfly wave. At 20% TT locks HP to lower her HP killing gargoyles drops her 5% each. At 0% a butterfly wave and gargoyles all respawn, clear them all to kill her.
    • Carprin - on High priest every 20% of his HP he resurrects a former mini with about 50% it’s normal HP but normal damage output and abilities. Carprin at 80%, Avhi at 60%, Bishop at 40% and Vindor + Raex at 20%. High priest HP locks until the mini is reslain.
    • Bertox - All adds naturally path from their spawn into camp after spawning. The 12 mini named instead of spawning 1-by-1 for the first 8, they all spawn in sets of 4 like the final 4. Minis all immediately path into camp simultaneously and you must tank 4 at a time. Final Bertox alpha week 1 Bertox with fun AE.
    • Keeper of Sorrows - Banishes tank to beginning of his tower every 15 seconds like Trakanon, summons all adds in his wing to his room after getting aggroed (clear it all first), Spawns adds at the base of the stairs that path to top of stairs and are non-aggressive, they don’t stop when in combat and if not killed before they reach the top of the stairs they will explode dealing heavy AE damage.
    • Saryrn - Sorrowsong respawns with every add wave and must be defeated. Saryrn will randomly warp to a different corner of the room requiring the heal team readjust to get range on the tank.
    • Vallon Zek - All incorrect adds are Fractal adds. Killing an incorrect add will spawn 2 more. When killing the correct Vallon, fractal VZ ends and you can kill the fake adds normally. Vallon stops running faster and casting so you cannot determine which one is real. With the worst luck and not losing track of the original set you could be tanking 11 Vallons I think?
    • Tallon Zek - He switches between warping around the room as normal and being Permarooted in the center. Each time he roots in center he summons the whole raid to him and casts a low counter curable large value AE snare, 10 seconds later he does a massive PBAE on anyone who hasn’t moved out of range. He also can shoot an arrow that spawns a Diaku on his target randomly instead of his normal AE.
    • Rallos Zek - Vallon and Tallon must be kept apart and must be engaged together, so you must fight them in separate wings with separate teams. Rallos is immune to all damage from pets in both phases. Add some glowing or flame indicator to the corpses in pit during the fight so they’re easier to determine when they spawn. At 20% he goes immune and paths back to the center of the pit. He then fully respawns the pit of the regular trash and renegages the raid.
    • Agnarr - Room 1 the lava on the edge of the room has its damage increased by 100x so it’s more like 1000 damage per pulse. He gains an AE GFlux and levitate doesn’t work in his room (hug the center). Room 2 there is a shadowman placed in the center of the room that pulses a mid range PBAE damage spell every tick (hug the outside). Room 3 each time Agnarr stomps his staff into the ground the room alternates between having the outer wall damage you or the center of the room have damaging AEs, there’s a 10 second delay between switches to move your raid.
    • Halls Trials - Rydda becomes slow immune to all slows and increases HP and Resistances as his HP drops to the point of needing Lures sub 20%. He also dispels charmed pets. Villager and Maiden trials get time limits added to them and mobs gain the ability to cast roots and stuns to prevent kiting.
    • LMM - The Wrulon must be slain but the mini named must be kept alive and tanked during LMM fight. At 10% HP LMM becomes invulnerable and the only way to damage him is to kill the minis.
    • Solusek Ro - At 66% he summons Xuzl and Protector of Dresolik to the click in point in his chamber, they must be eliminated to lower Soluseks HP further. At 33% he summons Arlyixir and Jiva to the click in point, same as above. At 1% he summons Rizlona, she walks up to him non-combat he de-aggros, kills human Rizlona the dragon spawns and Solusek reaggros. Kill Rizlona to unlock the last % on Solusek and finish him.
    Something like this would be cool. Would give people option to skip backflagging new folks each time they show up, but you’ve gotta really earn those flags. You’re not just going to waste them on some new level 46 alt.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2023
    Frosst likes this.
  27. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Out of curiosity, why would you want the Paresertums on a different timer than Seru?

28. Break

Break People Like Me

I felt like Praes were a free-for-all on AK because they spawned more often than Seru. I'm still surprised that wasn't the case. I know memory is fallible, and I also know there are logs. It still feels off to me. Same with the drakes.

The second to last earring is pretty good. I was gearing up a Naggy / Vox warrior when AK shut down. I was planning to get both earrings.

29. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Since both the Praes and Seru are rotated, doesn't that just cause a bottleneck though? Wouldn't everyone want the final ear anyway?

If the Praes weren't rotated, that would be a different thing, but also cause other issues with completing the final ear.

30. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

It gives way more flexibility in killing the Praesertums, it lets the 2nd to last earring be an option for players.

Break likes this.