mid 50s crisis + advice on trio

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TimChen, Jun 21, 2023.

1. TimChen

TimChen Member

So started this server about 3 weeks ago ish

got a 55 war 56 best 56 dru

war seems a bit of a pain to exp and gear up. blew thousands on him and hours of grinding hill giants

I realized the class is really boring unless you really enjoy the idea. i mentioned in a previous thread that I wanted to switch him out with an enchanter.

will a BST, ENC, DRU work? I feel like my BST won't be able to take much of a hit until she starts getting some raid gear. I know that charming is pretty much broken in PoP era so dps wouldn't be a problem.

Thoughts? Or am I screwing over myself.

(also having trouble leveling atm so hit me up if you want to group @ seethy or plantman

showstring likes this.
  2. Sverder

Sverder Well-Known Member

Take a break from the warrior. Charm a raven in PoN or rat in PoD on the druid and aggro kite while the beast sits back and nukes/sends in pet. Once level 58 on the druid, can give the warrior another try and see if the druid CHeal makes it more bearable.

If not just keep charm kiting or grouping your way to 65 on druid/beast. Can easily power level a 3rd of whatever you decide at that point, if you want one. Tank n spank isn't the only way to play.

Or ignore PoP zones and go explore somewhere older. Could have lots of fun crawling down to the bottom of the hole for instance. Experience goes by much faster when you're doing something more interesting than watching the bar. The 50's are definitely a slog if you look at them that way, but with 100s of AA to get the experience grind never goes away. Need to find how to have fun where the experience is just a byproduct.

TimChen likes this.
  3. TimChen

TimChen Member

am i crazy for going bst bst dru

having so much fun with this class

tried the aggro kiting method was kinda fun for a bit :)))

but eventually got into a group and exp started flying again!

(hit me up, guys!)

DubRemix88 likes this.
  4. John Stark

John Stark People Like Me

Now that you're druid is high enough, you can easily go back and power up another 2 characters of your choice. Many people have done just that once after leveling up a druid after realizing that they didn't like their trio.

If you are interested in charming, SK or Pal are strong choices in combination with an Ench and a healer (CLR, DRU, Sham). Lots of utility with either SK or Pal, plus both classes hold aggro very well. With your druid, and hitting the high ZEM zones, you could level up an knight and an Ench pretty quick to go with your druid.

Even if you're not interested in charming, using your Dru to power up a couple of alts will pay for itself down the road in terms of utility and for some different fun outside of your main trio.

5. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Warriors are a tough starter class. They're terrible without raid gear. With raid gear, though, they're pretty insane in this era. With endgame gear, they'll out-DPS an endgame BL+pet, have zero aggro problems, and of course tank far and away better than any other class. So I guess you could think of the warrior as a long-term investment - basically a twink your druid and BL powerlevel now so that once you hoover a bunch of raid gear (easier than you might think on this server) the warrior can return the favor.

Alternatively, BL/DRU is a fantastic core team. You could just play those two and do fine all the way through 65+max AA. Almost anything would fit as a third. If you like kiting, you could add a mage, necro or wizard for lazy DPS. Lots of good kite spots in every tier of PoP.

6. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

The 55-60 stretch is a grind no matter what. Warriors are 100% gear dependent to take advantage of their skills. Pithy has it right, leveling the warrior sucks, but once you've played a well geared and defensive AA'd warrior, taking hits on any other toon will make them feel like a wet paper bag.
    The good news is there are multiple play styles that don't require getting hit.

TimChen, Pithy and John Stark like this.
  7. Radda

Radda People Like Me

DrDisRespect mains a warrior. It's not for the faint of heart.

Walex likes this.
  8. Maelin

Maelin Member

BST DRU ENCH is a perfectly fine trio, it is what I main. You're right though, you'll need the core tanking AAs and some gear if you want the Beastlord to tank in PoP zones in the tier of Valor on up. I used aggro/charm kiting strategies as discussed above when I was grinding those core AAs and attending raids.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2023
  9. TimChen

TimChen Member

druid got CH now. game is easy mode now. currently destroying plane of nightmare. cant wait for lv 60

Mokli, Manstache, DubRemix88 and 3 others like this.
  10. giantfortt

giantfortt Well-Known Member

To piggyback on your gearing progression thread: you are getting close to being able to self-farm some Elysian armor from Umbral Plains (#4 on map here). It'll probably be easier around level 60 but you might be able to pull it off now with your trio. It's a fun camp and one of the few situations near the end-game where you can actually farm decent gear yourself - the Elysian Tunic is pretty comparable to the Druid's Ornate BP. A fun zone to explore IME - Gantru Dralkenr can usually be found up and has the nice +15 stat bracelets. And if you can get some guildies to help out, Zelnithak has some nice drops that would be upgrades for your Druid too.

(If you're rolling an Enchanter or other silk caster, I'd park them nearby too to loot some of the Dream Weaver armor. The robe and pants are decent. My Enchanter and Druid are still wearing pieces of their UP armor at 65 and with 250+ AAs :D If you plan on raiding, you'll likely upgrade those quickly though.)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2023
    John Stark and DubRemix88 like this.
  11. TimChen

TimChen Member

nice. ill look into that druid armor. things going pretty great so far. thanks for all the tips, guys!

12. OuterChimp

OuterChimp Active Member

my trio is 56 and i've noticed i sometimes need a break. I've found alt-itis is the cure for almost everything!

I also have been exploring zones that I missed, looking for good gear for low level alts and jsut adventuring in a new zone. Made it to Stonebrunt Mountains yesterday. Wow! what a pretty zone.

Hoodlum, Jalir_D, Neealana and 2 others like this.
  13. TimChen

TimChen Member

getting close to 60! not sure what zone to go to now. plane of nightmare slowing down a bit. tried werewolves but splitting them is a PITA. guildie told me aliens/frogs might be good but haven't tried that yet might do that tomorrow.

war 58 best 59 dru 59

14. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

If you’re charming across the river in PoNightmare is great. Either the spiders at the east end on north side of river or the gargoyles in the NE corner of the river.

Without charm PoValor fiend camp probably slow but doable.