Need help/ideas on where to level

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TimChen, Jun 3, 2023.

1. TimChen

TimChen Member

so my trio is 33 war / 33 bst / 34 dru

war has ok gear. while my bst and dru has like horrible gear

not really sure where to level. just left hhk after farming there for ages. want to do hill giants but I'm ok with plat for now and want to focus on exp.

not a huge fan of indoor dungeons though like guk or sol a.

any suggestions? or if you see me online please invite me to play!

thanks for reading

2. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

The best exp will be in dungeons like Lower Guk or ToFS (floor 3 or 4) or Kaesora at that level, but if you are not a fan of playing inside, you could always go to Overthere, the weak mobs and huge mob density more than make up for the lousy ZEM.

3. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Unrest basement until like 37ish

4. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Kaesora and Sol A are great exp (high ZEMs) in your level range, but they're indoor dungeons so you might not like the vibes.

Some people just kill bards and nobles in Highkeep through the 40s. It's easy and fast but kinda mindless.

Mistmoore's an outdoor dungeon with lots of mobs around your level. The ZEM's not amazing but it has a lot of character.

Unrest, yep. High ZEM. Dungeon feel but outdoor zone.

5. Kithani

Kithani Well-Known Member

I would either do Qeynos sewers Specs if you can kill there (best XP) or alternatively can do Kaesora or camp some WR bags in LGuk and get some exp while you do.

6. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

I'm partial to Crystal Caverns. It's indoor, but right in your level range.

Palarran likes this.
  7. Delorne

Delorne People Like Me

Stamm was always a big fan of EJ because it truly felt like a jungle, in his opinion. Might suit your needs. Trak's Teeth might provide the same with the chance to get some cool drops and some key pieces if you're feeling adventurous, but some of those forager/hunter cycle mobs are a challenge even in the 40s.

Mistmoore is outdoors, but it can be a bit of a train factory. You're almost at the level range where you could dip your toes into City of Mist too, which is a decent place for outdoor dungeon exp similar to Unrest.

It's been derided in other threads, but if Luclin is your vibe then you could check out Twilight Sea or Mons Letalis which are both outdoors in your level range. I will say that Mons Letalis deserves its bad reputation, though.

I personally enjoyed both Kaesora, as Pithy mentioned, and Droga. Navigating both is probably not a fun prospect if you don't like indoor dungeons, but it's some of the best that EQ has to offer in terms of group content in that level range, in my opinion.

8. Cillipis

Cillipis Well-Known Member

Mons L can be an unending nightmare if you get attacked from underground or swarmed. Maybe you could give it a whirl and be the first or second person to ever enter the zone on this server, though! Just know you were warned, again, that it’s quite possibly the worst zone created in this era.

Tuluvien likes this.
  9. Ersatz

Ersatz New Member

I did Kaesora Library area until almost 48 with poorly geared Ranger/Shaman/Mage. I just waited on a MGB at DB before I went. Lots of 2 or 3 pulls when breaking but I just root parked the adds. With HOV and KEI it wasn't too hard. Setup camp in back of the library and you have about 20 or so spawns on an 18 minute timer.

Hoodlum likes this.
  10. TimChen

TimChen Member

so i decided to go with unrest basement. got a druid so i could single pull everything

where should i go after hitting lv 37-38 ish in this zone?

thx

11. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

gukbottom is good classic fun, or soldungb.

Hoodlum likes this.
  12. TimChen

TimChen Member

tbh im cool with any zone. the main problem i have is the ability to pull singles as I don't really have a monk or a enchanter to help with that. so i like to stick to outdoor zones atm :(

13. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

Yeah, Harmony is excellent but has its limitations

14. TimChen

TimChen Member

setup is now 37 war / 37 bst / 38 dru

having a reallllly hard time finding where to level atm

can't seem to do any indoor zone for the life of me. it's like an enchanter is mandatory

15. Aithne

Aithne Member

Specters in Qcat catacombs is great. Fast respawn, you don’t need to move much.

16. TimChen

TimChen Member

Yea I tried that but I couldn't find a way to single pull them :(

17. Aithne

Aithne Member

In 37/38 you should be able to handle 2 with MGB buffs. I did the camp at 34 (thanks again Wanor for the quest at the time!) with BST/CLR/ENC

18. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Outdoor dungeons with lots of mobs in or near your level range:

Mistmoore
    City of Mist
    High Keep (bards/nobles upstairs - very fast (high ZEM, fast spawns), very boring)
    Karnor's Castle (starting low to mid 40s)

Sprawling outdoor field zones with mobs in your range:

Dawnshroud
    Dreadlands
    Emerald Jungle
    Firiona Vie
    Frontier Mountains
    Grimling Forest
    Iceclad Ocean
    Overthere

19. TimChen

TimChen Member

Think I'll check out high keep nobles/guards upstairs. thanks for the suggestions!

Frosst likes this.
  20. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

For Warrior/Druid/Beastlord…

I’d suggest leveling sort of like this:

40-45 - Kedge Keep first and second floor. There’s a nearby zoneout, you can animal pacify with Druid indoors for single pulls. You will need EB, or EB items (Lodizal shell shields are about 1k, the cost of doing the quest). Skyfire is an okay alternative in this level range, avoid chromodracs and fight on a wall. Make friends with a cleric so pearlescent fragments don’t rot. Dawnshroud rockhoppers also an okay option especially if Druid charming. But may be camped by high levels doing tailoring.

45-50 - Sol B bats, Druid can charm any duplicates as a temporary measure to CC and they hit pretty light so Beastlord can offtank as needed. Karnor Castle entrance is a decent alternative for this level range as you are outside and can harmony. Permafrost bear pits are also pretty good in this level range. You do have to clear past some green goblins and a few ice giants to get into the pit but once there you can use charm CC or animal lull to single pull. Snare everything to prevent runners causing issues.

50-55 - PoJustice exit. Charming a rat would speed things up but not fully necessary. Seahorses in Kedge Keep also okay here.
    55-60 - PoJustice Mavuin hallway is good there are double pulls with Harmony of Nature though it can be all singles. PoNightmare doing gargoyles at the graveyard is also pretty good once you figure out the pulling singles here. PoDisease bugs at castle would be good especially 58+.
    60-65 - PoValor fiends or Plateau will be fine but slow, add additional people for DPS. PoStorms frogs with level 63+ Druid charm is great can afk the melee Alts and get great exp. Once you get better gear PoTactics, HoH, and BoT are all decent with your trio. The former especially if you charm a boar from Glykus tunnel.

Hoodlum and TimChen like this.
  21. Cillipis

Cillipis Well-Known Member

From experience just be prepared for those 50s to be tough with druid heals. Prior to the 58 heal it’s a lot of time to cast all the heals and probably kills any shot to charm and handle the other druid duties.

22. Foxboxx

Foxboxx People Like Me

Druids can charm in PoDisease at level 52, and just destroy the flies using diseased rats/the lowest level swamp rat. Wouldn't really need to heal it, since flies are easy to tank with slow+warrior, and you can always just break the charm and get a new rat pretty easily.

showstring and solar like this.
  23. TimChen

TimChen Member

that sounds like a very solid leveling plan but any ideas where I should level just before that 40 mark?

24. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Those 40-45 suggestions probably work starting at 35 too.

TimChen likes this.
  25. TimChen

TimChen Member

Sounds good ty for replying!

26. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Should have DB's for a few more levels in OT as well, but will be slower xp since no Zem. Skyfire zoneline is a good safe place to setup.

What I did was HHK gobs to 35ish, then Temple of Droga to 40ish? Then Lguk (camping near safe hall) to around 45ish, then the Hole from 45-54 or so then PoJ, etc. Droga and Lguk are nice because of the added benefit of factioning.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2023
  27. slamurai

slamurai New Member

Field of bone, kurns, sola, kaesora, city of mist, plane of justice exit, plane of justice mavuin hall, plane of valor, plane of tactics.

If bad gear at your level, farm hill giants in rathe mountains or grimling miners in grimling forest.

28. Arutam

Arutam Member

Around 40 I started soloing in the higher level area of Echo Caverns, as a shaman. The area you reach when zoning in from the Nexus into Shadowhaven and pass through the dwarf section in SH.
    Almost everything in Echo is a single pull. You can pull at your pace without worrying about splitting. Exp was great for me. I actually dinged 49 there, even though in the high 40ies some things start turning light blue. With your trio that place shouldn't be a problem.

29. TimChen

TimChen Member

trio is currently lv 55

Pithy and Mokli like this.
  30. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved