5-24-2023

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, May 24, 2023.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Solar

* suppress attack when attacking with /assist on while sitting down
    * added message about item desync error and made it disconnect player to avoid item loss

Database:
    Elroz

* cabwest vendors are now on brood of kotiz faction (except for 2 that remain cabilis residents faction)
    * cabeast guildmasters and vendors are now attackable, 2 shaman guildmasters see invis now also
    * some small tweaks to npcs in erudsxing, northkarana, lavastorm, gorge of king xorbb. (factions, level ranges etc.)
    Robregen
    * Plane of Mischief: Bob the painter pathing redone.
    * Plane of Mischief: Ratmen now roams the maze in the basement.
    * Plane of Mischief: Added a missing door in the basement and set 2 of 3 doors to be locked.

Script:
    Robregen

* Plane of Mischief: Chuckles and Chuckles the Great now does a strange dance.

Linkamus, Frosst, Mokli and 3 others like this.
  2. Radda

Radda People Like Me

cant wait to see the strange dance

3. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Does this mean you now get automatically disconnected if you lag out and inventory desyncs?

How would you see any message show up if you just go LD?

wouldn't this just mean you are combining tradeskill items and you'd just instantly go black screen + LD + crash to desktop?

What happens to no drop items in world containers in this case?

4. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

this is just when there is a item desyced when switching slots and etc. nothing to do with tradeskills.

5. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

It happens during tradeskills to me all the time, I basically have to be careful to click slower so it doesn't happen. It's typically a "tradeskill" issue for people

here's a video:

just tested new behaviour, and it locks up your client for around 2 mins and forces a disconnect now

which means if you're doing any combines with no-drop items, you will lose them (shawl, aid grimel, any other similar quests)

previously, you could kinda still salvage items in world container, because you can still click around and maybe bag them, even if you can't see items on cursor correctly, the clicks still register

6. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

So the actual problem happens when a player picks up an item too quickly after a tradeskill combine, before the resulting items show up on the cursor queue. It sucks, but just going slowly and waiting for all the results before picking up the next thing avoids it. Maybe we can fix this, but that's just how it is unfortunately.

7. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

8. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

Yes, just forgot to include it in the notes.

showstring likes this.
  9. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Few questions for people regarding inventory slot desyncs
    1. Did this happen on EQMac Al`Kabor server?
    2. On TAKP, does this happen for Mac client players, or is it a PC issue only?
    3. Anyone know if this behaviour happens on any other EQEmu servers, like p99?

10. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

I didn't TS all that much on AK and I haven't TS'd on TAKP since the darkest depths of covidtimes, but for what it's worth, I don't remember any inventory slot desyncs on AK or TAKP on a Mac.

11. Dominar

Dominar Well-Known Member

It can happen on a mac

12. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

I am on a Mac. If I am clicking combine too fast I can get a desync. Has not happened on a no trade item (whew).

WAY better than when server started. You kids don’t know how lucky you are!

13. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

It didn’t happen on original AK

showstring likes this.
  14. Quinas

Quinas Member

Phew. Just did Vessel Drozlin :D

Elroz likes this.