Serverwide Mayong Mistmoore 2022-23

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Inacht, Dec 20, 2022.

1. Inacht

Inacht People Like Me

Howdy TAKP,

We are coming right up to the our anniversary reset and we are past due to get notice out regarding our MM plans for the year. I'm going to update and repost the when/where and loot rules

This year the raiding guilds have agreed to open raids once again using the same rules as last year with 2 minor additions

When: These raids will occur: Weds 01/04 9pm est > Tues 01/10 (3pm est) > Mon 01/16 9pm est

Where: MM will be killed the the courtyard of Castle Mistmoore. The raid will be positioned above and outside the courtyard which we will levitate over to.

Loot rules: Items will be distributed via random. Each player may roll ONCE per linked item. Only level 60+ players will be eligible to roll. You may only roll for characters you bring to the raid to contribute unless an explicit exception is made before the kill. Items will be rolled on in the order they appear on the corpse - top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right. When a player wins an item, they are no longer eligible to roll on the remaining items from MM this reset. MM drops 4 items - if we succeed in killing him 3 times, that means a total of 12 items for the entire year. Should you win anything, please consider yourself fortunate! As of this post, there are currently just 24 total MM items scattered across all of TAKP.

This year we have 2 additions to the loot rules:
    1. You may not offer players plat to pass items to you
    2. No passing to players unless they are next up in the roll order, and please keep passing to a minimum (don't roll if you don't want it just to keep it from someone else!)

Who can attend: This raid will be open to all players on the server who are willing to abide by the loot rules, follow direction, and be attentive! You must be level 60 to roll on any items that drop.

Classes that contribute to the encounter:
    Exceptionally geared knights with the fearless AA are a requisite for this encounter, we will also need a well geared bard or two to keep them company. Beyond that, ranged dps and healing are the most effective choices for this encounter. Least effective will be melee dps such as rogues, monks, and warriors who will be relegated to throwing stones and hooting from the sidelines (or potentially jousting this year??). Having said that, you should feel free to bring these classes if you would like to roll on an item that they can equip.

If you have a quest item to turn in to MM: This year your windows for turnins will be short. MM spawns on server reset, and has a respawn timer of ~5 days. I'd recommend you visit him ASAP to get your goodies or after he respawns monday evening 12/26

Final Note: NAG expects to be in PoTime on Weds 12/21 and as such I will not be present for the first kill! If any other guild's raid leaders are available to run the raid and distribute loot please do so!

Good luck vampire survivors!
    -Inacht

Last edited: Dec 28, 2022
    Linkamus, Mokli, Ripwind and 2 others like this.
  2. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

Oh boy, gotta get sacced a few times to be eligible.

showstring likes this.
  3. Radda

Radda People Like Me

damn, there goes giving smudge my million for MM blade

Mokli and Smudge like this.
  4. Gindainy

Gindainy Well-Known Member

Blood Guard can take the lead for the first Mayong raid on Wednesday 12/21.

showstring and Inacht like this.
  5. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

what make you think that the anniversary will be in tommorrow. It is schedule to be in on January 3rd, since it's closer to January 1st than tommorrow's reset.

showstring, Smudge and Wellmine like this.
  6. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Last edited: Dec 21, 2022
  7. robregen

forgot about that post. seems some like it before and some like it after. I think the main point of it is to celebrate our anniversary and our anniversary could have been on February 1st 8 years ago. Everquest celebrates in March but then they have the christmas events.

Linkamus likes this.
  8. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

[​IMG]

edit: i don't know why my matt damon aging gif doesn't show up here, but does show up in the post editor

Ripwind and Radda like this.
  9. robregen

lol I did a reply on the quote and I saw that aging gif. yeah Hard to believe that TAKP been running for almost 8 years. Almost as long as AK.

Pithy, Mechaike, pakman and 2 others like this.
  10. Inacht

Inacht People Like Me

Awesome, I think everyone will be jazzed to have it start in January! I will talk to everyone in the guild leader forum and figure out if we want to keep the same sequence of days for kills.

showstring likes this.
  11. Mascha

Mascha People Like Me

I think the event always started around chrismas and lasted to the first week of January? I thought it was scheduled that way due to people having holidays and could enjoy it more.

12. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

sunset soon then, eh?

13. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

that’s what I thought, I’m a little surprised it’s not over the holidays, I thought every anniversary event has been so far, right? or maybe I’m wrong on that?

14. pakman

pakman Well-Known Member

Sweet! That gives me an extra 2 weeks to...... (checks current level on characters)....... not make it to level 60 and participate in any meaningful way. :(

15. robregen

hmm maybe so. I wasn't thinking of that way this year. For now on, we could just have the anniversary event on the anniversary day instead of before or after continueing through the reset.

16. Mascha

Mascha People Like Me

Did I offend you, Rob? That was not my intention, at all. I just wanted to offer you a different perspective.

17. robregen

no you didn't offend me at all. I wasn't thinking of how we have done it in the past . I just know when our anniversary date is.

18. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

Like planning just about anything, some people will be happy when it is, and some people won't. I've talked to a handful of people who were sad when we thought it was over the holiday break because they are travelling or wanted to spend time with family and would miss the whole thing. This is staff created custom content to celebrate the server, let's let the staff be the deciders when it will happen instead of being sad when our assumption is incorrect.

showstring and pakman like this.
  19. Kovah

Kovah Active Member

Last year the anniversary events ran from December 22nd to January 4th. Maybe this was because PoP released Jan 5th and we didn't want overlap of anniversary events and PoP?

20. pakman

pakman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can definitely understand postponing it. I'm in a somewhat similar situation having people come to visit next week. So while I will be off work, my playing time is not likely to increase.

21. Nakunaru

Nakunaru People Like Me

You'll get a little bit of people from Column A wanting to postpone, and Column B wanting it over the holidays. For me, I was a column B person because it enabled my poopsocking abilities for the Cavalier when that was a thing.

22. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Maybe we can get Elon to do a poll for us?

Tyrion, Mechaike, Walex and 3 others like this.
  23. Mascha

Mascha People Like Me

Lol, I red that as Elron. Funny.

Tuluvien and Neealana like this.
  24. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Is funny either way!

25. Mardark

Mardark Member

12-22-2021 - Anniversary Quest Enabled
    12-23-2020 - Anniversary Quest Enabled
    12-25-2019 - Anniversary Quest Enabled
    12-26-2018 - Anniversary Quest Enabled
    12-27-2017 - Anniversary Quest Enabled
    12-28-2016 - Anniversary Quest Enabled

This is what has been done. But last year, there was more discussion on doing them later. Because some peoples schedules over holidays, do not allow them to participate. So it was discussed to push it back another reset.

But people forget ....

26. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

Holiday schedule means I can participate, so therefore Robregen is discriminating against me by delaying the Anniversary Quest - therefore I demand compensation. Will accept 1 mil plat as reparations.

27. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Accounts locked.

kk thx

xoxoxox

28. robregen

don't forget 12-31-2015 - Anniversary Quest Enabled

so in 10 years it should be 12-12-2030 - Anniversary Quest Enabled.

29. Mardark

Mardark Member

It would make sense to have quest start on the anniversary.

Lets say my wedding anniversary was Jan 1st. And I said to my wife on Dec 12th. Happy Anniversary!!! Or if I waited until Jan 5th. Happy Anniversary!!!

I guarantee there would be nothing “happy” about it.

30. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

Yeah I started 2018 and I only realized until now its the TAKP anniversary event, not the new year's event. Cus it is the TAKP Anniversary event, should be the reset the anniversary takes place.