History of the guild rotation?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dday17, Jun 8, 2022.

1. dday17

dday17 Member

I was wondering if anyone could share some insight on how the server raid content rotation started? I only ask because I hear servers like p99 a lot of poopsocking and first to engage and was wondering why the culture is so different here. Was this orignally GM regulated?

2. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

On Al'Kabor, there was cooperation between guilds. That culture has carried on here.

Beaaden, Dairmuid, Frosst and 2 others like this.
  3. necra

necra People Like Me

Something about adults too

Beaaden and Dairmuid like this.
  4. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

What the above people said.

The rotation is self regulated. The guilds create rules and rotations that the majority favor, and we stick to them. Of the past few years the rotation has shifted based on the content rotated and guilds actively in the rotations but it has all been fairly smooth.

Should a guild go renegade and purposefully kill mobs out of rotation or ignore the rotation I’m sure some GM ban hammers would come down as necessary but over the past 8 years on the server that’s never happened for any of the 10? Guilds that have raided here. The GMs here have only banned a handful of people from what I’m aware of but they are pretty fast to act when it’s clear someone is going to be a problem with breaking rules.

Our current rotation has 6 guilds or alliances and has minimal issues. The only real issue is the long time between each rotation slot causing guilds to have to wait 3 months between each Vex Thal rotation, but this is sort of counterbalanced by the fact that we have plenty of other content on rotation like PoTime, 5 Elemental Planes, Ssra, and other Misc Luclin/Velious content. Not to mention the unrotated things like PoP progression targets and plenty of other fun things like NToV, classic/Velious planes, ring wars, etc. that are fully FFA.

5. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

GM involvement here basically boils down to, "don't make us get involved," and it has mostly worked out.

6. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

At the very beginning of the server there wasn't rotations, but everyone could see where things were heading. They did a vote and this was the result : Official Raid Rotation Post | The Al'Kabor Project - PoP era Everquest (takproject.net) .

They let guilds police themselves and the GM's would only get involved if agreements between guilds were broken. As the server grew, it just became easier for everyone to do rotations like we have them now. GM's haven't had to get involved in a rotation dispute since maybe early kunark?

7. Radda

Radda People Like Me

what is the 5th?

8. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

guessing it's based on the rotation spreadsheet where it's broken up as:

plane of air
    plane of fire
    plane of water
    plane of earth a
    plane of earth b

Radda likes this.
  9. Liegezen

Liegezen People Like Me

10. Shawn

Shawn People Like Me

11. actualspaide

actualspaide People Like Me

Oh austerity

12. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

It's hard to believe just days after that, Bum and Jon buried the hatchet and became good friends

actualspaide likes this.
  13. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

Thank you for providing me with that entertaining read.

14. Yarnee

Yarnee People Like Me

i hope someone some day makes a documentary about takp history. Part III: Mars and the fake ash fiasco of 2019

Tuluvien likes this.