Accidentally gave banker bag... lost gear

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tragedie37, Apr 8, 2022.

1. tragedie37

tragedie37 Active Member

Is it possible to petition or ask for items back from an accidental hand in to a banker? The banker gave me my bag back, but not the items in it. :/

2. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

I think someone lost like 100,000 Platinum from handing it to a banker, and it was not reimbursed after a petition. I screwed up something even worse once. You're unlikely to get it reimbursed.
    If you are brand new and the value is high to you but minimal to a long established player, message me in game for help

Tuluvien, pivoo and John Stark like this.
  3. tragedie37

tragedie37 Active Member

Thank you. I've been around for awhile, but don't have a max toon. I play when I can. I had JUST bought a split blade and was trying to transfer it to my warrior and put it on the banker by accident :/ I think it's a bug: the banker gave me back my bag, but nothing inside. On live, many moons ago, NPCs used to return everything. I won't ask for my gear back, but maybe I can submit a bug to help the next poor soul who makes that mistake.

I was able to buy it because somebody I know IRL is no longer playing and gave me the PP for it... *sigh*

4. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

I've seen people lose entire containers of quest items by giving the full container to NPC, instead of combining it first...

whether this is intended or not, I'm not sure

5. Radda

Radda People Like Me

one of us now ;)

Aithne likes this.
  6. anotheregostar

anotheregostar Well-Known Member

I think it is how it's supposed to work unfortunately. The NPC doesn't know what's in your bag, just sees the item id for the bag and gives you back and item that's the same item id. Not your actual big unfortunately :(

Tuluvien likes this.
  7. tragedie37

tragedie37 Active Member

Thanks for the answers and support, I was so excited to use the sword, I hadn't used one since 2002-ish

8. Radda

Radda People Like Me

i've given thousands to a banker, i've hit integer overflow when converting plat into copper for and lost thousands.

easy to do mistakes that deserve a grim reaper warning sign.

but not as bad as the dude who deleted not 1 but 2 sod's thinking modrod, allegedly

9. tragedie37

tragedie37 Active Member

I would be in tears

10. Aithne

Aithne Member

Yeah deleted my enchanters wand of tranquility thinking it was mage epic.

Rip!