Food and Drink Duration.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Balem, Mar 25, 2022.

1. Balem

Balem New Member

Does anyone know what the Food and Drink Durations are here on TAKP? On p1999 the Food and Drink Duration were Bugged, so Milk and Muffins had the same duration as any other food Item. Snacks would last just as long as Meals, Hearty, and Banquet Sized Meals. The duration here seems to be working. My halfing druid took about 3 days to eat his Newbie 20 stack of Food and drink, but when I bought a stack of 20 muffins he ate all of them in about 30 - 45 mins. I'm curious if anyone knows or has a list of the Food and Drink durations along with each of the Food and drink qualities. I thought I would bake some higher quality food, so that I don't have to buy 30 stacks of Muffins everyday. I can't figure out how to make higher quality drinks though.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
  2. actualspaide

actualspaide People Like Me

Ping fuzzlecutters #1

3. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

https://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=12583

If you use Lucy Allakhazam it will show you the duration of each food / drink item you’re considering using.

The duration shown and the values I will list are the right click duration. If you were to force feed that food it would sustain you for that long. I believe the natural consumption duration (if you just let the game do it’s own thing) is twice as long as that.

Generally speaking for Alts I tend to just buy Iron Rations / Fuzzlecutters Formula 5000. They’re near PoK and easily vendor purchased. Iron rations are 25min food and Fuzzlecutters are 60min drink. For players who have passed the stage of needing to spend every platinum they have on spells, I’d suggest going this route for food and drink around level 40-50+.

If you have Chardok faction you can buy Deep Cavern Toadstool and Louie’s Thick N Hearty which are 60 min food/drinks. This of course requires a run to Chardok every time you have to stock up.

Crafted foods tend to be slightly longer durations than Iron Rations but I’d say largely aren’t worth the time invested unless you’re also using that food as a skillup path for baking, Patty Melts for example are a common route 130-191 Baking and are 35min food Vs 25min Iron Rations.

The best food/drink duration available on the server is 120min. I believe the only items that have this are Misty Thicket Picnics, Tormentor Stir Fry, Candied Tae Ew and Bristlebane Party Platters for food. Kaladim Constitutional for drink.

Technically the Twice Brewed Kaladim Constitutional lasts 240min but you need to get to Aid Grimel 2 (you need smithing and baking 220 and Bertox/Terris kills done to make). So almost no one uses this drink outside of for the quest.

Long way off but in PoTime if you get a Druid or Ranger flagged the foraged stuff there is 90 min food and drink. Lately I’ve taken to just AFKing in there and foraging occasionally when I remember since those are the only 2 things on the forage table in that zone.

Also keep in mind all the times I’ve listed are base times. Innate Metabolism should increase them all by 50%. Even though the description indicates it only works for food it should work for both food and drink.

Lastly horses increase your consumption rate and so does being a Halfling. I’m not sure by how much each of these accelerate food consumption.

So someone using Misty Thicket Picnics and Kaladim Constitutionals with Innate Metabolism 3, no horse and no Halfling should see 1 food/drink consumed naturally every 5 hours if I did the math right?

TL;DR - Just get Iron Rations and Fuzzlecutters Formula.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
    Kabouter, Aithne, Break and 2 others like this.
  4. Balem

Balem New Member

Ok thank you very much for your response. That helps me alot.

5. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

6. Dominar

Dominar Well-Known Member

Fish Rolls can be baked for a few coppers with two vendor bought items and are banquet size meals. You’ll go though a couple stacks of mats raising your skill enough to succeed regularly, but then it’s quick and easy to refill a few slots with food. Better than the run to chardok unless you want huge quantities

7. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

I always thought so too, it would be great to get this fixed here

8. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

I think ogres and trolls also eat more food than other races.

Tesadar likes this.
  9. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

That link Darchon posted is something I looked at before and a guy there says that halflings don't eat more, so it's hard to find reliable info on this. It probably went through changes over the years. Ours is not right, but when I tried to look at this I gave up since I didn't have any way to verify this stuff.

10. surron

surron People Like Me

Mained halfling on live, eqmac, and recent TLP... always seems like he consumed food faster. fwiw I also bought innate metabolism on a recent TLP because of this, and it didn't seem like water was affected.

additional non-evidence based anecdote: I always buy 2 stacks of iron rations and 3 stacks of water flask. so that's 1000 minutes of food, and 900 minutes of water, yet every eqmac screenshot I have that shows my food/drink bag I have less food than water even though the math shows drink would be out first. however i forage as a druid so that makes all of this unreliable lol

Tuluvien likes this.
  11. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

My trio is half elf, dark elf, halfling and can absolutely confirm that the halfling eats significantly more food than the other two. He always runs out first and needs to be stocked up before the others.

I also came here to say fish rolls. They last as long as the patty melts, and only take two ingredients, bat wings and fresh fish, conveniently bought from two vendors at the fishing pond. Like mentioned, you'll fail a lot until you get your baking skill up a bit, but it will probably cost less than 10 platinum to hit the trivial, and you'll have a food source that lasts a nice bit longer than rations or iron rations.

Break likes this.