7-26-2017

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Jul 26, 2017.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Cavedude

* Added Immune to Riposte special ability.
    Haynar
    * Made changes to how Z is calculated while moving, to help prevent mobs from falling below world.
    Torven
    * nerf to insta-click spam aggro generation

Database:
    Robregen

* Yeolarn Bronzeleaf in Felwithe should now attack if KOS.
    * NPC with druid set should now cast level appropiate skin buff.
    * Gems should now drops more frequently in Plane of Growth.
    * Akksstaff in Najena should have a shorter respawn timer.
    * there should be more scaled pup near the pok book in field of bone.
    * Cleric Dumbfire pets should now resist spells.

Script:
    Robregen

* add a missing questsay for Emkel_Kabae
    * fixed a depop issue with snowfang fisher in iceclad.
    * add a timer to hail to prevent infinite spawn of giants for Coldain Ring 4.
    * correct text for Eonis_Mournunder
    Speedz
    * Fixed item ID in a turnin for 2nd Groflah Steaddirt Pally Epic.
    * Added missing dialog and notes to item handing for Soulfire quest on Brother Hayle.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    Pithy likes this.
  2. Sycamore

Sycamore Member

Was it broken? Is this consistent with how it was on Al Kabor?

I ask because insta-click agro items were kind of crucial for warrior tanks to generate that initial burst agro on a mob and to maintain it. Because we have no agro augs in this era, warriors were at a bit of a disadvantage that wasn't corrected/remedied by SoE until later on...

3. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

Same question as syc.. what exactly was done to them, and how will it affect things like the midnight mallet etc.?

4. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

It means spamming say... a Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring will no longer generate absurd amounts of aggro.

Mac users were able to fire off something like 10-20 casts per second holding down the button and each cast generated a little hate if the witness check was met. I'm assuming the value was set too high and has been toned down so that this cannot be done.

I don't think mallet or puppet string aggro was impacted here.

5. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

I thought that was already nerfed as Torven has been pretty open about the invis to animals ring not doing that here:

6. Sycamore

Sycamore Member

If it is a nerf to self-buffs, then I imagine Bladestopper would also be rendered less effective.

7. Sycamore

Sycamore Member

And yes I was referring to how this would impact things like Midnight Mallet, and not some silly infinite click agro item.

8. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Most buff clickies were generating 9 aggro per cast prior to this patch. Spamming one generated aggro roughly on par with a hasted warrior meleeing with an epic two-hander. A quick test on dev shows that the aforementioned 9 aggro is now 1 aggro.

Mallet aggro is still 400, and bladestopper is still 788 if it passes the witness check. Pretty sure nothing else has been changed.

9. Hove!

Hove! People Like Me

Were wizard pets also made aoe/riposte immune? I thought the thread on dumb fire pets showed they were both supposed to act the same.

Draeko likes this.
  10. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

This will be in for wizard pet as well for next server update. Haynar did some testing on live to confirm riposite against dumbifre pets and they weren't immune.