Haynar's new client mods.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Haynar, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Synthetix

Synthetix Well-Known Member

You only D/Ced on Live when there was a reboot/patch

2. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Yep, only D/Ced on live if there was a patch/reboot or local/remote connectivity issues. There were times where connectivity would be lost to some router issues near them, at least that's what they would blame. During Luclin (may have also been during PoP), on the PC side, there was a continuous rash of reboots for a month or two every couple of days due to a memory leak though that they couldn't find right away. VT was candyland for us for a while. There was no rule to bump you for inactivity if everything was working correctly though.

3. John Stark

John Stark People Like Me

Is there a way to set the "rotate" button at character select screen so that by default its off instead of on?

I looked through client.ini very carefully a couple of times figuring that setting is in there in somewhere, but either I'm going blind or its not a client.ini setting.

Its a small thing, but that spinning character on the character select screen makes my eyes cross.

If someone could point me in the right direction, I have no problem modifying whichever file necessary to stop the spinning!

This may not even be related to the client, so I hope my request is not taken as a complaint in any way. I like this client quite a lot, and I'm not asking for this to be "fixed" and make more work for others, only a pointer so I can fix it myself.

4. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

I wish. No way that I know of, though. I'd be thrilled to hear of one!

5. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Rotate default to off? Really?

6. John Stark

John Stark People Like Me

Greedy baby, needy baby!

7. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Okay the supported v 1.0 PC client is released on the wiki. Only a couple of minor changes which included a missing fearplane.xmi file and removed keymapping option in eqclient.ini.

8. Synthetix

Synthetix Well-Known Member

Haynar, is there a way to fix the "ALT" key getting stuck while alt-tabbing alot? Basicly sometimes when I alt-tab, I have to press "ALT" after returning into the client, to not remove everything from the UI lol.

9. surron

surron People Like Me

temporary solution: get used to pressing alt-tab alt or map hotkeynet or another window that isnt eq to a hotkey so you press that to escape EQ and then you can use regular alt/tab... then use hotkey to get back into EQ