Haynar's new client mods.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Haynar, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Here are some new client files.

It is made to work with using eqw.exe beta 2.32 only. This is not meant to work with Secret's client. You CANNOT have wsock32.dll in the folder.

It combines some changes by Secrets and myself, in addition to eqmule's original eqgame.dll + FPS limiter. It fixes crashes with gamma changes (due to UAC or other apps). Ctrl-Alt-Del no longer crashes. Changing screen resolution is also supported.

Allows switching to a borderless full screen mode using alt-enter. While full screen, you can alt-tab to other applications.

Installation:

• Remove any wsock32.dll from your EQ install folder.
    • Delete eqfecfg.cfg from your EQ install folder.
    • Drop all the files in your EQ folder, and run eqw.exe.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qkt34m9g80pnkha/AABvVrRurU4sh-MF6wGuQXHna?dl=0

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    drownedcitizen, Verdent and Ransom like this.
  2. Mascha

Mascha People Like Me

Hi Haynar, I tried these out. With the new files, I could not move any more - my movement keys are the arrow keys. I could not change the primary keys in the options to anything else. When I substituted the new files with the original ones, everything seemed fine, I could move around. Windows 10, 64bit, German OS.

3. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I havent seen anything like you are describing.

Do you have a wsock32.dll in ur eq folder?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  4. Mascha

Mascha People Like Me

Yep, WSOCK32.dll, 30.10.2011, 44k

Attached Files:

5. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Thats wsock32.dll is from either secrets client or an old eqmule client mod version. It will interfere with running eqw.exe with these changes. Move it out of folder if u want to try new mods.

H

6. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

yeah I use eqw and I don't use wsock32 in that folder.

7. vannari

vannari Well-Known Member

What does the newer dll do? The game was already running pretty close to perfectly for me. I got Secrets's patch from 06-25-2016 which already fixed the crashing when loading other apps and UAC etc. And it seems to work well. I only have 2 issues remaining with the client as I play it now:

1) Sometimes a client will randomly go on top of the others. So I will be playing my tank and suddenly it will switch to my healer or something, which can be really dangerous as the tank tends to keep running and can sometimes run in a circle.

2) When using alt and the numbers to cast spells, it gives a windows default sound beep.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  8. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

It blocks you from playing if it sees you are from Europe

9. vannari

You trying to convince me to come and stay at your house? I am new to internet grooming.

10. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

If you like Secrets' client. There is no reason to change. This is to add some of secrets features to the eqw.exe.

Secrets' client is not prefered by all. I use eqw.exe since I also dev on same computers. Being able to resize and move windows easy is necessary.

Thats it.

11. vannari

Ahh ok, thanks. I have your dll you made about 6 months ago or so, and secrets's client. Works great.

12. Synthetix

Synthetix Well-Known Member

Any chance for a "true" windowed mode, Haynar? Where we could actually move the mouse cursor outside of the eqw.exe?

13. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Having it so the cursor is not stuck in the window is a possibility.

Next thing I am trying, is making it so you can go back and forth to full screen.

Then I can explore the cursor option. I would like that myself.

14. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

This would be amazing. Because I was never really a multi-boxer, I always played in full screen mode, for years. It wasn't until I started playing emus that I had multiple screens set up. Something about that fullscreen set up will feel much more immersive and classic... imho.

15. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

My end goal is that you run eqw.exe, and it feels and works like you see on titanium client. Mouse not locked to window. Move the window around all you want. Alt-enter to switch in and out of full screen.

16. Synthetix

Synthetix Well-Known Member

This would be so awesome!

17. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Thats one of the drawbacks of the old client. Would like to remove that problem. I am selfish, since I am doing it mainly for "me". But I am nice, and sharing too.

18. lurari

lurari People Like Me

This all sounds great. Thanks Haynar for standing on the shoulders of giants!

19. MikayahEQ

MikayahEQ Well-Known Member

I will have to give this a shot on my PC laptop. I mostly play on my Macbook, but the game is relatively unplayable on my PC due to mouse sensitivity. (I downloaded MSI Afterburner and setup the frame limiter, but that had basically no impact.) It would be nice to have a backup. Or perhaps even see which one workers best...

20. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

These mods have a built in frame rate limiter. You set framerate in eqclient.ini.

21. surron

surron People Like Me

Haynar does this rename the windows to Client1 / Client2 /Client3 like secret's eqgame.exe?

I am asking because, how do you set up window switching with a hotkey?

22. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

You would have to make hotkey do the renaming. The other option would probaby set up getting distinct window handles, and not key in off the window titlebar. Probably a few ways it could be done.

I run 3 clients on 3 PCs. So I have not looked at that. Or any client switching options. I know Secrets' switcher goes off titles of windows.

It would be easy to make a switcher built in I guess, that goes directly to the handle, based on running processes.

More than a few ways to skin that cat. I personally don't like scanning through titles of all running processes.

I know if I were doing it, I would make big red text show in the middle of the window showing character name, when it goes active. Then fades after a few seconds. Like gam text triggers does.

And make titles also include the character name

23. kireal

kireal New Member

This would be a beautiful thing.

24. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

New version up for testing.

This allows using alt-enter to switch to Full Screen.

Once again, it does not work with Secrets' mods. So you cannot have wsock32.dll in the folder.

If you don't want to be a guinea pig for a little testing. Don't try it.

I have not added any client switcher options. Those could be coming too. The goal is to have a single client that makes everyone happy. Sorry, no mouse scroll wheel.. Its been voted down. So it will not be added.

H

Mokli, Elroz and robregen like this.
  25. sinadin

sinadin New Member

man, this is awesome - I just started on this server and your modifications make me forget the mousewheel thing....almost :)

if you can get the mouse thing work, that the mouse is not locked in the window anymore, it's perfect ;)

question regarding the framerate limiter: what's a good value for

MaxFPS=30

My monitor is set to 60HZ

..and what does the ingame Mouselook Sensitivity do? does it work at all?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  26. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I found 30 to be a bit choppy. Currently, I'm using 60. It seems smoother on my setup and mouselook still works well.

27. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

New version for testing.

Changes:

Changed where it enters full screen, if you are logging in directly from a previous full screen session, it will switch to full screen when you hit character select.

If you /quit out while full screen, it will now re-enter windowed mode.

Entering full screen at login or using alt-enter will now go into full screen more consistently, covering taskbar.

H

28. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

New version up for testing.

Switching in and out of fullscreen should cover the taskbar more consistently.

Pressing Esc to exit out of character select, while in full screen, will re-enter windowed mode.

Client will auto rename to Client1, Client2, Client3, etc., to allow using with AHK better.

H

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    kicnlag, Ransom and surron like this.
  29. Burly

Burly New Member

Can anyone get any client-switching hotkey setup to work with this? I've been trying for days and asking everywhere and nobody can give me an answer.

When I run the HotKeyNet script, client-switching works only until I hit any other key. The moment I hit a key that isn't the client-switching hotkeys, switching ceases to function entirely until I shut down the clients and launch them again.

30. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Updated several things with the switching in and out of windowed mode. It seems to be improved for me.

Secrets is going to add the client switching. So that is coming soon.