1-4-2023

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Jan 4, 2023.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Database:
    Robregen

* PHaeril Nightshire: Added a missing 2-H sword to his loot.
    * Phaeril Nightshire: Adjust respawn timer.
    Torven
    * Fixed Ragrua Claw drop rate.

Script:
    Elroz

* Shadeweavers, Hollowshade, Grimling, Katta, Tenebrous, and Shadowhaven Dialogues updated.
    * Fixed Noble's Crest quest in Oggok to reward 1 of 3 two handed bronze weapons.
    Robregen / Elroz
    * 2nd Anniversary: Weapon no longer needed for turn in. Only 3 different custom weapon that will be found on 60+ Named across all Contents. All 3 weapon will have a chance to give out any 3 Tokens. All Tokens will have a chance to reward a Guised.

2. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

Awesome work dev team! Hopefully the mobs will wear the custom weapon, that would be fun to be able to see it.

3. JerimShadowreaver

JerimShadowreaver Active Member

* Fixed Ragrua Claw drop rate* - as in what? increased it or nerfed it? can define "fixed" please?

4. Break

Break People Like Me

From what I have read, it has basically been doubled. It was set to drop 1 claw 60% of the time, but now 2 claws will drop.

5. JerimShadowreaver

cool. what about anniv event changes. DOes that mean any items that prior worked no longer are able to be turned in and its all starting over now ? could use some clarity if able. I get the 60+ named dropping weapons to turn in, but what about all the items that previously could be turned in?

6. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

previous weapons won't work, it's switched over to only use the new ones

DubRemix88, Quellious and Frosst like this.
  7. Frosst

Frosst Well-Known Member

Sounds awesome, thanks guys!

8. JerimShadowreaver

ok copy, thanks for the info.

9. Elroz

also just to clarify more, the 60+ named rob mentions in the patch notes is basically all level ranges, not just level 60+ named mobs

Cadsuane likes this.
  10. JerimShadowreaver

ok i was about to ask that, seems unfair for the lowbies
    so its NOT only on 60+ named, correct? its all named at all lvls have a chance?

11. Elroz

yes, there's hand picked named across almost all zones that have a chance at dropping the weapon. Some obscure spawns, some not! The 60+ is just the amount of named, not the level

Quellious, Break and Iamherenow like this.
  12. JerimShadowreaver

Gotcha, cool. that will help to open many more camps for ppl and give them all opportunity to get C tokens. hopefully this is the final form of the event and it works well so things arent changing all the time. Sounds like a good change

13. Elroz

Yeah the goal is that nothing will get changed in the future, the weapons will only drop during the event so there won't be any pre farming available.

Quellious, Cadsuane and Manstache like this.
  14. JerimShadowreaver

do we plan to keep the named the same at this time or are those changing each year as well, or do we know at this time? wondering if there is any use in ppl starting to catalogue the info or if we gonna spend 1/2 the event each year just finding some of the mobs. that way I know if we should start working to record this stuff for folks

15. Aithne

Aithne Member

Maybe just play the game and not theorycraft everything? :D

Good job Rob & other Devs!

DubRemix88, Tuluvien and The Shade like this.
  16. JerimShadowreaver

im a min max kinda guy, if I put hours into something, I want to know what im doing and how it works exactly, not wing it and hope /shrug. The Wiki exists because ppl what this information ;)

17. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Then do nothing this year. And next year you will know better how to spend your time. Min now. Max later. Grats.

Radda, Mechaike, Sketchy and 7 others like this.
  18. JerimShadowreaver

SO right indeed good sir. Nice work Devs, the event is lookin pretty awesome with these changes

19. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Yikes...some people's kids. Very nice new mechanic implemented for the coins. Similiar to the brick it seems, who came up with brick idea to begin with? Thanks devs, you're dedication the project shows!

20. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

The wiki page exists because some are sharing the info (huge props to them). Some choose not to share until late into the events, that is perfectly fine too and their choice.

21. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

The vibe I get from these changes, they are wanting that quest specifically to not really be farmable.

By placing drops on around 60~ rare spawn mobs, almost all of which have placeholders and respawn times, spread across the game, it’s very likely 50% or more of the named will not be discovered this reset. I wouldn’t be too shocked if only 10 of them are discovered.

I also sort of assumed this list would get changed again next year when it comes back around but maybe not!

showstring and Break like this.
  22. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Hopefully weapon quest is not changed around... you can't pre farm it anymore so what's the point in changing?

I don't see any issues spreading people around so many zones, and they are all equally rare spawns so it's all even, and nobody can even try to monopolize dozens of rare spawns like that even if they tried...

One thing I'd suggest is maybe changing the anniversary #8 bag quest drops, because having a year to acquire 2h weapon drops would result in people instantly turning in 20+ bag items immediately and then not having to bother with the quest again during the anniversary, kind of not the spirit of it? The quest is fantastic tho, just maybe change up the required items slightly each time?

Break likes this.
  23. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Well the reason you’d swap around the named that drop anniversary 2 quest is to prevent permacamping.

Like phase 1’s Langseaxes, there’s going to be a clear favorite in the easiest/fastest to spawn named that will get discovered then the same people/guild will sit on that camp for weeks on end starting on server up next year after the anniversary patch.

If it’s a new batch of named each year there’s some time you have to spend killing random named finding out where they will drop from each year.

24. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

well lot of it was tradeables and not lore. They can stack up and sells. that was becoming a problem with it in the first place.

25. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

People pretty much permacamp the areas that drop the memo's for the brick already. Not much different really.

26. The Shade

The Shade Active Member

When I camped it for 4 of my chars in the past, I hardly ever saw anyone in the same zone as me other than them running to CC. Granted, I chose a zone that didn't have crazy high concentration of orcs/giants...