Oh mah lord it's alive!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dueg da kitteh, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Dueg da kitteh

Dueg da kitteh New Member

Aww hell no how's come I never even seen this!? EQmac done shut down on us and now these fine people revived it? Hell yes I need my Everqrack now! I may or may not have sent Sketchy a message for a helping hand correctly, but I figure this way may help too!
    Dueg the gassy cat gonna make a come back baby ;)

Yinn Yang, Vaynara and Elrontaur like this.
  2. Dranthor

Dranthor Active Member

3. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Yeah thanks Dranthor! Hope the install works out well Dueg and welcome to the server.

4. Dueg da kitteh

Alright... I'm sure there were others before me that asked the same question and ran into the same problems and have been given the same answers... The usual google oracle is coming up with nothing conclusive for me and now I am reduced to tears :( Might I get a helping hand please?
    I am using a MacBook Pro with OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 and a Nvidia graphics card. I have downloaded the Mac client shown in the wiki takp site which was provided to me. I first opened the client and was lead to the Sony sorry we no let you play no mo o dis page, and went back to the takp wiki page for more guidance... and now I'm an ostrich with its head in the dirt.

5. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

6. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  7. Dueg da kitteh

You lads are scholars and gentlemen! Now *cracks knuckles* lets see how this goes :D

8. Dueg da kitteh

Alright! I tried all three launchers, and it seems Everquestlaunch by Speedz works better with my computer and Cro Magnon brain! Downloaded! Check! Followed all instructions on thread! check! Successful launch! Woohoo! Made new char! Done! Click play!... Crash! NUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!! Que favorite music to cut yourself with...
    I gots the Everquest quit unexpectedly message still open with aaaaaalll the words letters numbers and figures in pretty little lines still open... would that help someone with better computer skills than me? I can't read English in binary.

9. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

click the chat tab on the top of the page and you can get a hold of a GM more easily. If you were able to get a char made but not in game i would guess you need your account validated… or maybe UI problems..? but that shouldn't be the case if you're using the package linked above.

10. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

If you got all the way to making a character and then not being able to log in, the UI is probably the most likely culprit. Although I agree, it doesn't make much sense that the pre-packaged ones don't work.

EDIT - I downloaded the UI Files from the mac client download and confirmed something is wrong with them. I crashed when trying to load them as well, so apparently Torven's PC fixes don't jive well with the Mac side of things.

Try downloading this zip and replacing your UIFiles folder with it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9hb3rw0wadh3ufy/UIFiles.zip?dl=0

I am uploading an updated client and will edit the wiki when complete.

11. Seknah

Seknah Member

Yeah. Why have i not heard of this server? How's things going with the server? I may need to steal my Mac back from roommate and get the client going if roommate not deleted it yet. I love the opportunity to box so i left P99 and went to ragefire/lockjaw but too much drama so left for swtor. This server may be what I'm looking for!

12. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Lenas let me know if you want me to reupload the next version to my GDrive.

The reason you may not have heard of this project yet is that the dev team is busy, and doesn't spend a ton of time on other sites promoting this project. If this project resonates with you, and there are a lot of reasons for that to happen, spread the word.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  13. Seknah

Seknah Member

I will be loading it on my windows machine tonight since I don't want to go through the hassle of getting my Mac setup right now (It is in use by roommate for her development company) -

14. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

I updated the wiki page with my new dropbox link, you can re-upload to Drive at your leisure, no rush.

15. Dueg da kitteh

Wow it has been a while... Being in the military doesn't make life any easier. Though, here I am, back again to give this another go. Alright! new computer! (27 inch iMac with OS X Yosemite btw) Got the mac client! Got the Launcher that Speedz made, followed the instructions. Got the UI Files from Lenas (as mentioned above)........ Double click!!...... App not responding..... /cry
    Might There be a charitable soul out there that will fulfill my hunger for EQrack?

16. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

Do you have game account(s) created? Usually if it doesnt go past the little black box in the top left its because my login info isnt right.

17. Dueg da kitteh

Yes, I do have an account, and I entered it into Speedz launcher per instructions via text edit.

18. Dueg da kitteh

Nevermind! I'm in! :D

19. EverQuestrian

EverQuestrian Member

Behold DUEG the KITTY MONGER!!!

20. Dueg da kitteh

muahahahaa... I am officially back to rule the world again! Fear my slimy fur ball barrage!!

Verdent likes this.
  21. Jugo!

Jugo! People Like Me

/quivers