Returning to TAKP - Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hoodlum, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Hoodlum

Hoodlum Member

Hail TAKP!

I started playing here a few years back and really enjoyed it, but stopped due to other priorities at the time. I've recently come back, playing my trio of Ranger/Shaman/Mage. Having a blast so far with the the grind, and have just been constantly reminded how awesome this community is. That said, I have a few questions, hoping to get some thoughts.

My Ranger is my primary focus, as it's the class I've always wanted to play, but never did. The trio is currently 28-30. I'm not looking to do anything crazy with this trio, but really just grind levels and AA's. However, I'm considering swapping the mage for a tank so I can use archery when I get EQ aa. I figured I'd do it now rather than having the tank need to catch up.

The questions are:
    1. Is having a tank and a ranger in the same group a good or bad idea?
    2. I recall reading a while back that archery has super low hate. So was wondering if using a warrior tank to basically just auto attack would work?

Lastly - b/c I'm an FQ whore... is the Wood Elf illusion mask in game here? Is it doable by anyone?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks!

2. prattrs

prattrs Active Member

You should be able to use archery on the mage pet's target without drawing agro to the ranger. Once you get all the AA and a good pet I'm sure it's good xp and very viable.

Edit: WE mask is in and there is a link to the quest on the TAKP wiki (links above)

DubRemix88 likes this.
  3. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

There's also a small chance at dark elf guise from anniversary event!

4. Hoodlum

Hoodlum Member

Thanks for the info Prattrs. I hadn't considered the mage pet option. Based on your post though, I'm guessing the archery hate is super low still. That really opens options.

I've also been tinkering with a 22 BL, which I'm now thinking I might mix in. I played a BL for the first time on a tlp last year, it's now one of my favorite classes.

Oh man, that's true Elroz?... The filthy things I'd make my avatar do for a guise on this server.

5. prattrs

prattrs Active Member

Beastlord is a very strong and popular class here. I had an Iksar BST on live and I have an Ogre BST here. Strongly prefer the Iksar. I know there are divided opinions on the matter, but in my experience pre-shrunk (relative to ogre) plus great FQ plus outright bonus stats is a slam dunk.

6. Hoodlum

Hoodlum Member

I'm with you! My BLs on the TLP and here are Iksar. Aside from the sweet bonuses, I really dig their look, lore, and all that stuff. Cab is the best home city IMO too. I did level an Ogre shaman quite a while ago on P99 and the FSI is nice, can't argue that. But I just prefer the Iksar on so many levels.

It's hard to overstate how fun I think the BL class is. The only reason I left mine on the TLP was knowing that the server was going to progress well beyond my favorite eras. PoP is about as far as I can go and is one of my favorite expansions. Having TAKP as a permanent home for my BL and other classes that I never really played is pretty awesome. The community in-game while small, is just awesome.

Break likes this.
  7. Hoodlum

Hoodlum Member

Sorry for the spam, but quick follow up question. Is there any limit to the amount of times we can more characters between accounts? I just recently learned we can do that and it's amazing!

8. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

No limit!

Hoodlum likes this.
  9. Hoodlum

Hoodlum Member

So awesome! Thanks for the confirmation, Kai!