Old World Planes - Warrior Epic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dutch, Jan 28, 2023.

1. Dutch

Dutch New Member

Hey there -

I'm working on my warrior epic and wanted to ask the community if plane of hate / plane of fear are cleared regularly or part of any guilds rotation. I believe I read in alliance chat that the golems in PoF are usually camped. If so, I was hoping to loot a ball of everliving golem if one happens to be rotting.

I don't know much about plane of hate but I think I saw people talking about XPing there and I'm curious if hand of the maestro ever rots. I can field a group of 61/62's, does anyone with experience know if that would be enough to take down the hand myself?

Lastly, I've been researching Plane of Sky which seems.. interesting. I've never been but heard it can be a pain. Any advice on taking down Spiroc Lord? I read the spiroc guardian should be kept alive so the lord insta-respawns upon death, allowing for multiple kills in case the sword doesn't drop on first kill. Can 2 well organized group of 60's take him out? Not sure if there are any methods of dealing with the 45s death touch apart from throwing bodies at him and killing quickly.

Any information or advice would be appreciated - I've wanted to get those lightsabers since I started playing EQ back in 2001. It's time!

Thanks in advance,
    -Clegane/Durkin/Maxwell

2. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Fear golems you will just have to contact the people that farm it and hope you can be online at the safe wall when they’re in there to loot.

Hate hand you’ll have to find a group or two to kill maestro’s hand. I don’t think people regularly kill him.

Plane of Sky is a big pain. You can spawn multiples with leaving the Guardian up but getting up to him is annoying. Farming keys on 4 islands and waiting 70~ minutes for the boss on island 4 to show up. You could maybe find someone to corpse summon your party up to island 5 which would save a bunch of hassle. Still killing him is just a race against the clock on DTs eating through your party.

Dutch likes this.
  3. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

I'm currently on a quest for a shattered emerald of corruption from Plane of Hate. Maestro seems to respawn daily if not faster. I can dm you on discord when I kill him again tomorrow if you want. You can find me @Meriadoc there.

I'm no help with Fear or Sky though.

4. Dutch

Dutch New Member

Thank you both for your help.

I'm going to try camping in Plane of Fear during next server reset and hopefully catch up with whoever clears the golems.

I read a guide on Plane of Sky so I know how to get to the 5th island. Gonna be a tough but 2 groups of 60's should be able to get it done. The ~65min boss spawn on island 4 is a pain for sure.

Happy to join you in Plane of Hate, Meriadoc, if you end up going again. If not, I think I might be able to take him down with a group of my buddies.. just need to learn the zone and best way to get to Hand.

5. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

upload_2023-2-2_11-35-3.png
    Port in and immediately evac, you'll land at spot 1. If you move south, you can pull agro into the safe spot, so move north. Then if you take the sharpest U-turn possible (maybe with a little jump) you can get to spot #2 with out pulling any agro, and should serve as a safe spot to pull to. Setup camp here, use level 60+ pacification spells from Brd/Clr/Enc/Dru to get single pulls, and snare everything. The golems are notoriously difficult to snare, so I end up just pulling a friend with the Golem, and burning down the golem so he doesn't run away. Maybe even Mezz his friend.
    Once you've cleared the 10-ish mobs between you and Maestro, you can pacify his 4 friends, and pull him single. Fight him at spot 2 like everything else.

Dutch, pivoo, pharmakos and 1 other person like this.
  6. koala

koala Member

Did you ever end up getting your hate piece? I’m on the hunt for the enc epic piece and would love to group up soon!