trying to get up and running

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Irhall93, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Irhall93

Irhall93 New Member

Hey Everyone,
    I am trying to get my computer set up to take part in TAKP. I have the EQmac files in my C drive and the EQW shortcut on my desktop. I was able to log in and select the server but then I got disconnected was given the message that the file MSVCP200.dll was not found.

I also was not able to install EQ Titanium because I didnt have a trustworthy virtual drive. Any suggestions out there?

If anyone who is more tech-savy than I would be able to help out I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
    -Irhall93

2. Neopolitan

Neopolitan Member

There is a forum labeled "Technical Help"

I don't think Titanium client works.

3. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

Titanium definitely works, Underfoot doesn't. See my post here about getting TAKP up and running on PC (about the 4th post down from start):
    viewtopic.php?f=26&t=811

I gave irhall93 the EQMac folder that worked for me, but I'm running XP and I think he is running Win7.

4. nikaya

nikaya New Member

MSVCP* dll's are the Microsoft visual c++ run-time libraries. There are many different versions. MSVCP20.dll seems like a typo, did you mean MSVCP120.dll? This is the download. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=40784

it seems odd that this is required, I'd recommend checking the MD5 hash of your binaries. you might have some bogus install trying to run malicious software.