Hello potential friends

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Korbendallas, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Korbendallas

Korbendallas New Member

Good morning all. Pleased to say that I have this game up and running for two days now and plugging away on my 3box. I have some questions and maybe some statements.

First, my understanding is the server is brand new on Jan 1, that's pretty neat. Grats to all the 50's I already see in /who. That's some dedication.

I noticed that this website doesn't appear to have a wiki or guide associated directly with it. I have heard most people use Alla or similar sites for reference. My question here, is there a place we can look that tells us what loot/mobs/quests etc are in game currently?

What is there in terms of end game? Sounds like Vox and Naggy are implemented, that's cool. Where do the 50's hang out to group/farm/trade?

I'm currently at the low end, my trio is 6 7 7 so I'm also interested in what group options there are. I saw Blackburrow empty, so I went to Crushbone and also that was empty. Just typical population? What IS the population anyway?

I'm also interested in buying some starter gear, I play Monk Shaman Mage, primarily interested in Monk gear since she does the tanking. Aside from buying, how are trade skills? I'd likely level up what I can in the hopes if getting some Wu's eventually... if it's even implemented?

I can be reached in game on Leludallas, Korbendallas, and Jeanbaptiste if anyone wants to group, chat, call me a noob, etc.

2. iance

iance New Member

- http://www.takproject.net/allaclone/ (This is also available from the Resources Menu up top, which has plenty of useful links)
    - Currently we are missing PoF, PoH, Vox and Naggy
    - Population is around 100 to 350 accounts currently
    - Wu's is implemented, so are many newbie quests (With the exception of most Iksar, Barbarian, Ogre and Troll newbie quests) There is a thread on the quest bug forums which lists all armor quests that can be completed

3. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

Do the newbie quests with your monk (if human) and mage. Prioritize gloves and boots for the monk, as it will turn your punches and kicks into magic attacks. Try to save up enough money so you can buy a set of banded for your shaman around level 15. If banded is going 1pp per ac, it will be about 90 plat for the set.

Don't buy spells that aren't necessary yet. Make sure you have your best heals, dots, and sow on the shaman. DS, nukes, and 1 pet per set on the mage until you can get a bit more cash.

Enjoy. You picked a solid trio and you'll do fine with minimal gear.

4. Korbendallas

Korbendallas New Member

Thanks for the replies and information both of you. Apio I think we've already met in game, although I think it literally is a small world, at least population wise.

I think I have found the Monk quests referenced above, http://www.eqtraders.com/articles/artic ... 0070000000 does that look about right?

Also they look like NO fail combines, anyone know for sure?

I could have sworn there was a page I browsed in here once listing every zone and how progress is going (green boxes were done, etc), yet it eludes me all morning.

EDIT: This explains a lot. The drop down under resources at the top of the page blends in perfectly with the rest of the page, explaining why I was limited in my ability to navigate the page.

5. Neopolitan

Neopolitan Member

Go Fire for the pet you buy.

6. Lance Henriksen

Lance Henriksen New Member

There's your problem, you should be using your hands to work the mouse and keyboard.

Also, here's some good lists of the Qeynos and Freeport Monk armor quests. You should be able to do both without any faction work.

Edit: forgot to mention that all newbie armor combines are no-fail.

7. Korbendallas

Korbendallas New Member

I caught and edited this AS you posted this. Lol

8. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

They are no-fail combines. Be sure to also work on the monk sash quests as you go. Eventually in Kunark, they'll lead to greater rewards and your epic.

Definitely make it the fire pet if you are only choosing one. If the fire is a research one, go water or air. Only do earth if you need it to tank, or root.

9. Nafgan

Nafgan New Member

You may find most low level places slightly barren. It seems like the majority of players playing with a mage use the fire pet to tank. You may want to go that route and just use the monk to absorb exp for the first few levels, or indefinitely.... The newbie quest armor would probably be better for (human) monks than trying to get wu's crafted. I know we have a few players making banded, but that shouldn't really be a top priority to get if you're broke imo.

There isn't a whole lot in the way of the market right now, I don't know of anyone advertising tradeskill combines other than a few people selling banded and Elroz has achieved 250 JC. Most item prices on drops that I have seen so far seem to be fairly high compared to what I would have expected to pay during this era on live. I could be remembering wrong but /shrug.

You will probably be playing alone with your 3boxers up to 25ish when you'll find people in highkeep doing gobbos/guards.
    I'm not sure if this is posted anywhere, but make sure you /autojoin alliance to chat and find groups when available.

10. Korbendallas

Korbendallas New Member

I'd like to say thanks again, especially for the bit of wisdom about fire pet tanking. What a beast with that self DS.