The truth about the AK Xegony event...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yinn Yang, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

I know everyone here wants to be sure TAKP is the most accurate reproduction possible, so I wanted to be sure to mention one of EQ Mac’s unique quirks that we’ll want to be sure we implement here. We had a glitchy Xegony event, it was unlike any other server. Lots of newcomers to the server used to ask me “what makes the Xegony event so unusual here?”, but it was a server secret, so I kept quiet. I think in the spirit of making TAKP as close as possible to the original AK, I’ll have to reveal that secret now (sorry in advance to the purists among us).

I’m sure it will be a while until PoP is released, but when it is, let’s be sure that Xegony removes her top when she reaches 50% life. It made the event quite challenging and she would remain in that state until: either the raid wiped (most common) or it was won (quite rare). So that was the big secret: topless Xegony halfway thru the event.

I know all the veterans will back me up on this ;) (unless they are just upset that I told everyone). Many AK players didn’t ever make it to a Xegony raid before we were taken offline, but I swear what I say is true. My belief is that this event was working as intended, but the programmers decided that she was far too overpowered with this special ability of hers, so they took it out of the game on live servers and forgot about AK… that’s only my opinion though. Let’s keep AK as difficult as it was right down to the last detail and be sure we include this unique and certainly “special” challenge from the PoP era.

This is what everyone else recalls, right? ;)

2. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

LOL. I enjoyed this.

Although I am genuinely curious about how TAKP will approach Xegony in regards to the actual unique manner in which Xegony behaved on AK.

3. wharhogg

wharhogg Member

If you mean falling over and giving loot...I'd rather see a non bugged version.

4. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

You could tell at 50% ; the raid lagged badly as all the males took screenshots.

5. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

So true Neea! I had so many screenshots; but alas, my wife made me delete them all... otherwise I'd have solid proof! I'm sure someone must have some screenshots around somewhere? We've just got to be sure the devs get this right!

6. sedasavage

sedasavage New Member

LOL, Neea, so true!

The EP's seem like a long way off at this point for the server, and I'm all for keeping some of the quirks that made eqmac what it was (horse bug, WoTW+Rune, perma pac... even though hobart fixed it :( ) BUT at the same point I'd really love to see Xegony the way the event was intended. It gets kind of boring and repetitive when the event is so trivial and the only reason some people show up is for easy loots.

7. Tylaric

Tylaric Well-Known Member

+1 for perma pac =)

8. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Special manner? The event sucked because it wasn't an event it was shitty and bugged. Permapac - the MC bug that gave SKs endless mana, the "2nd" coming of permapac via the 5-6m bard pac. All of that I hope to see fixed - because like others, I do not have the willpower to avoid using these things.

The area in HoH that you could PBAE and be untouched, the wall camping spot in powater where you can slip outside the zone to easily run to coirnav and more - I hope ALL of these are fixed.

9. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

I agree 100%.

10. Teslaa

Teslaa New Member

Yinn's just hoping the "topless xegony" Google fest begins on these boards too! Hahaha!

11. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

LOL yeah, but unfortunately, google results for topless Xegony are very disappointing. Best I can hope for at this point are some photoshopped screenshots :p

If the thread hadn't gotten derailed with such serious discussion, I feel confident that we could have convinced our devs that topless Xegony was just a standard thing on AK.

Oh well... at least Neea was trying to back me up :)