Cutty is alive... sort of..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cutty, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Cutty

Cutty Well-Known Member

So as some may of heard but probably didn't... Saipan fell completely off the world grid. Likely one of the only places this has ever happened to in the modern world. They finally, after about a week, found a small work around.. but it means basically the entire island sharing a 30 Mbps connection which is bad by design as it is.

Gaming is not an option, checking email is hardly an option and facebook seems to be one of the few "somewhat" consistent means of communication. Before.. we didn't even have long distance phone.

They are scheduling a boat to come from Japan to fix the fiber but that has to be scheduled, then executed. Last time they did this for repairs was about 6 years ago and took months to go from schedule to deployment and then they screwed it up by some hillbilly using his pocket knife to lower the line putting us right back to square one.

Either way... I'll be back when I can... but it won't be for a while. I'll try to make super late night (Destiny raid time lol) appearances to say hi... but that would be about the extent of what I could imagine being able to do.

2. actualspaide

actualspaide People Like Me

sorry to hear this buddy, hope you make it back sooner rather than later!

3. scrubber

scrubber New Member

need a bard to run to saipan with some fibre cable .