Allaclone Site

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darchon, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

http://www.takproject.net/allaclone/

This site, is it pulling data directly from our own server database? Or is this sort of a copy of the Allakabor database?

I was just perusing some drops / tradeskills and noticed some things incorrect. Are these things to be bug reported?

2. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

they are pulled from the server database. But there are some bug within the webside of allaclone showing incorrect display. You can still post the bugs if you see anything that doesn't seem accurate.

3. MikayahEQ

MikayahEQ Well-Known Member

Just curious, is there a way to see drop chance percentages for our Allaclone, similar to the EQEmu Allaclone site found here: http://allaclone.x10host.com/?

Someone posted a link to the EQEmu allaclone in a thread at some point, and I have been fascinated by it since, using a combination of it and the one for Takp, with the understanding that things don't always match up. I've found the information really useful and interesting, so I just wondered if there is a way to currently see the same information through our Allaclone that I have just not figured out yet, or if this could be implemented at some point in the future...

Just curious.

4. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Yes it is possible but disabled intentionally

5. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

The exclusion of drop percentages is intentional.

There are no plans to add them.

H

6. MikayahEQ

MikayahEQ Well-Known Member

I suspected that might be the case, i was just curious.

7. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

#easymode with it

8. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Even if it were enabled, it would display erroneous drop rates for many NPCs because the drop chance code is very convoluted. Even the developer UI's drop chance rates are pretty useless if you set certain drop variables. I had to write a kind of drop simulator script to know for sure in some cases.

9. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

Allaclone really needs a serious redo. I attempted a start but it got a bit overwhelming and needed a break from it.
    There still is a plan to redo it to be more inline with the code and our database. There are a number of code errors I discovered that kind of shocked me that some certain things displayed at all. That said, I am not crapping on the original writer or the people who have contributed to it at all. It is an extremely complex machine.
    It just can't be half heartedly nor hurriedly developed.

10. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

You can say that again. It's extremely daunting.

Speedz likes this.
  11. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Outsource to azns

Bet Souske and Scrubber could do it in no time ;)

12. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

It is open source in the git repo link up top.