Server connectivity issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by showstring, Oct 10, 2018.

1. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Would the admins know what's up with the recent server connectivity issues? Had four disconnects in the last two days, three of which were significant and affected lots of people (lots of people on discord saying they got disconnected as well).

When this happens not everyone gets disconnected, and the TAKP forums are inacessible along with p99 forums. This seems to suggest network routing / ISP issues somewhere affecting the hosting datacentre.

p99 forums thread on connection issues: https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308188

any info would be appreciated

2. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

We are hosted in same rack as p99.

Rogean was looking into it. Last I heard he hadn't found any issues.

gardnerjens likes this.
  3. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Which ISP is used? We've had serious issues the past couple of days with our ISP (Crown Castle/Light Tower) and they claimed it affected multiple cities in the North East. It supposedly was stabilized according to them late yesterday.

4. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

almost feels like some people DDOSing the p99 host or something, probably from all the forum bans or raid suspensions

5. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

Just another day on the internet. Sucks when it blocks you from evercrack though.

Oiwon likes this.
  6. Amirite

Amirite Well-Known Member

could be them solar flares!

Slayzz likes this.
  7. Manstache

Manstache Active Member

this is probably something else, but my DCs stopped completely when I went to wired+wireless at the same time.

8. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Looks like Takp is on Light Tower/CC from a reverse IP lookup. Assuming P99 is too, but didn't check.

9. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

P99 and Takp are in the same rack. In the same datacenter.

10. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

From my ticket:

1st Occurrence

Event Begin: 10/9/2018 6:00am Eastern

Event Complete: 10/9/2018 7:30am Eastern

2nd Occurrence

Event Begin: 10/9/2018 2:30pm Eastern

Event Complete: 10/9/2018 3:00pm Eastern

Issue Summary

On October 9, 2018, Crown Castle Fiber experienced two significant network events on our core backbone that impacted IP and Ethernet services. The root cause of the issue was a hardware issue on a Crown Castle Fiber backbone switch in the New York Metro region. As a result of the hardware issue, Crown Castle Fiber had (3) backbone trunks down. In an effort to restore full capacity, Crown Castle Fiber Network Engineering worked with the hardware vendor support team and it was recommended to reset the faulty hardware. Services began to restore; however, the hardware did not fully recover resulting in unidirectional routing issues. Crown Castle Fiber then disabled the hardware, forcing traffic to alternate paths to restore connectivity.

At approximately 2:30pm eastern time, the faulty hardware was inadvertently re-enabled, causing a repeat of the morning’s issue. The hardware was subsequently disabled and routing was stabilized. Steps have since been taken to prevent any opportunity for reoccurrence.

Verdent and showstring like this.