Choices

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dwerger, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Dwerger

Dwerger New Member

Which of these would be the stronger dungeon dwelling trio.

Sk/Bst/Cleric
    Pal/Bst/Dru

I'm leaning towards the sk one. I'd have snare, pulling, heals, summon corpse, Rez, buffs, slow, bst crack. I think that covers the most important stuff. Would the bst be better thinking long term to 65 when they get the 60% slow. Or should I switch him to a shaman?

Also are iksars good sks or is ogre the best.

2. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

i think snare and rez is more important
    option1 has my vote

3. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

I heart bst but no bst crack til 59 and a 30% "slow" until 60 then it's 50%. 65 is 65% and two years away

Option one

4. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Ogre can't be interrupted/stunned from the front but ikkys get regen

10 and 20% xp penalty :/

5. Mambo

Mambo Well-Known Member

To add to this regarding relative exp penalty and how it adds up:

I box Ogr, Iks, Barb. Currently Ogre is 80% into 39, Iks is 30% into 39, and Barb is 50% into 40.

Iks started at lv 3 when other 2 started at 1. Iks also leveled half of 20 solo and half of 30 with ogre only.

For any death since lv 6 (when you start losing exp) I have received a 90% Rez. Ogre has died ~ 8 times, iks ~ 11, Barb ~ 5.

6. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Just get on and play. Making the same posts, under different user names on different boards is annoying.

If you cant listen the first time you ask, why are you asking again?

Lenas and hebimekiko like this.
  7. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

Combination one provides rez from non tank, complete heal, spell haste, FD from tank, best hp and symbol buffs.
    Combination two provides teleports, tracking, damage shield, lull pulling from tank, brells, more mana regen from druid hp buff.

If you're looking to trio more than just exp and some farming, I'd suggest the SK/BST/CLR over the Paladin and Druid. Clerics are just simply overpowered in this era (every era?).

Bst vs Shm. You'll get more DPS out of the beast. You'll likely level faster. However, they aren't optimum until they are 65 with the upgraded slow. Given that you have complete heals and a real tank, I dont know if you'll be in a dire need for the better slow.

Ogre is by far the best tank race. However, play what looks best to you. You may regret choosing an ugly race just for utility.

8. Maelin

Maelin Member

This game is most fun when you stop trying to min/max and just get on and play. Pretty much any 3 classes will work together at some efficiency.

9. Bob Barker

Bob Barker Member

Pretty much any possible combination is viable. Heck, even rog/rog/rog would work for a lot of content. Rogues could fear-kite solo back in the day, 3 rogues would have triple the fears. If you have tank/healer/anything, it will be very solid in just about every situation. As Haynar said, just play.

10. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

3 rogues ? Pls don't tell Nukem !

11. Bob Barker

Bob Barker Member

I think I'd enjoy watching someone try it ;)

12. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Guilds would fall over each other trying to recruit a 3-rogue boxer.

13. Bob Barker

Bob Barker Member

That boxer would triple the server's rogue population in 1 fell swoop.

14. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

And two of them are "out of range"

15. Skratching

Skratching Active Member

Always just play what will be most fun for you. No one here will ever turn people away from a group. This game is really not about being the most bleeding edge of anything, it's all about the journey and the people you meet and make friends with on the way.