The Vah Shir armor graphics bug

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tryfan, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

I am curious about this ancient bug (where Vah Shir don't show velious textured or tinted armor and just have the naked tiger skin). Here at least, at character select the bug is not there - you see the tinted armor just fine, and your normal skin just fine. Only after going in game does the bug appear.

I would have thought the character select screen would be using the same engine as the game, but apparently not? Is that why it doesn't work in game but works at character select?

2. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

3. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

I am not asking about how to fix it ffs. Does this look like the bug thread? This bug is as old as time itself, it is unfixable without disabling the armor textures completely.

4. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

What was the question?

5. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

I am just curious why it would work properly in character select (or at least not default to the naked tiger skin) but not in game. You would think they would use the same engine and everything about it.

Makes me wonder what else the character select can do that the main game can't.

6. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

That is really strange isn't it. I don't play Kitty cats so wasn't even aware the character select showed it. Interesting.

lurari likes this.
  7. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Secrets may know, , though that is the Titanium client. Maybe Thucydides? He was playing around with a lot of textures for awhile.