Auto-follow and zoning

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sharpe, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

I have been noticing that when using auto-follow to run my toons together, the first one always zones, and the second one needs to be manually guided into the zone. I am finding this quite different from my previous eq experience where one would follow the other. At first i thought it was because I no longer have AA's for run speed, but even with a sow one character always stays behind. Anyone else notice this?

2. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

I thought it was normal to have to finish the second and third characters zoning manually. But I never messed with multiple alts very much

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Once a toon zones then the autofollow is broken and will not have the other toon keep running. This is a good thing if the lead toon goes LD running through a zone.

4. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

yea AF breaking when a toon zones was live like. I only ever seen MQ2 zone additional toons. Which isn't supported here.

5. furst

furst Member

if you are auto running before you follow, they will follow you into the next zone

6. Placer

Placer Well-Known Member

The natural lag time before something breaks and the client knows also means you may zone. You see this most often if the zone in is large and straight ahead. Like a small momentum effect.

7. Tollen

Tollen Member

In my experience toons followed into zone. but that is with bard speed. and I feel toons AF closer on AK then they do here. I think that has more to do with it.

the Following not so close has caused issues with my box's and invise song in places that they are KoS in...

8. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

Thanks for all the responses. In the end it makes no difference to me how my toons zone, however when zoning to avoid a wipe I will need to remember this and will probably learn quickly!!

Tollens' comments resonate with me the most, and reminded me that when looking at my characters thru my other computer they jump up and down constantly and when in auto-follow the lead character always seems to move forward and back while running. Since on this server auto-follow to zone does not happen automatically (from what I am reading) perhaps the jumping does not matter, however it cannot be helpful eithor in many ways. Perhaps the jumping is something that can be addressed and all of this is in the wrong discussion :)

9. Tollen

Tollen Member

the jumping around has a lot to do with autofollow. the early days of testing autofollow wouldn't work at All. you could hardly keep track of group mates the jumping was so bad.

So things have come a long way And I'm sure they will only get better...