Rogue Quests?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pharmakos, May 11, 2017.

1. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

my girlfriend has been playing with me lately, and she's been complaining that EverQuest seems to have no actual quests. i don't know enough about rogue quests to know -- are there any good ones we should be looking out for as we get her levelled? she's level 35 and rising. dark elf.

2. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

i think the burning rapier quest is a fun one, it's not really a good item though. Hero bracers aren't bad but it's more of a camp than a quest.

3. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

oh yeah, Burning Rapier is a good one too because it'll give us a leg up on her epic when we get there, right?

4. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

I was looking at Rozzut's Whistler for my little rogue .

5. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

they removed the burning rapier requirement from rogue epic during kunark i think :(

neea is right though, rozzuts whistler is a nice one

6. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

She's kinda right though. EQ much more about leveling

7. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

the time you spent on 'questing' is better spent on just leveling, because you will most likely get significantly better equipment killing level 50 mobs versus a quest item you may get at level 30

your 'quest' should just be to farm plat and buy the incredibly cheap items in the bazaar
    or do 'bumquests' where you farm tradeskill items for superior plat rewards! those are always available and probably more fun than actual low level quests :)

8. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

if efficient levelling were my only goal I would not have started this thread. But then, if that was how I played, I wouldn't be on this server. :). Thanks tho.

9. Tarkon

Tarkon Well-Known Member

There aren't any quests I can think of that you can do in your 30's on a rogue that will still be relevant by the time you get 60. I started playing on the server before Kunark. At that point, the burning rapier was a good dagger so I did that quest. When Kunark came out, I did the Rozzut's Whistler quest too.

The most significant quest to work on for a rogue is Ragebringer. Most of that is group able.

10. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

Yeah, I'm with you. I'm a dawdler...I can never get why so many want to rush to 60 as fast as possible. So even though there aren't really that many quests, there's plenty to fool around with if you don't insist they give you something you actually need or good exp. Showstring is totally right though, if your goal is advancement.