Banned not sure where to put this

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by holkan, Feb 5, 2015.

1. holkan

holkan New Member

So my friend and I were just banned as we were leveling in crushbone both 3 boxing. I live in SC and he lives in NY the GM told us Zarwayne i believe that we were 6 boxing as the same Ip as the same person. We are both in skype and I havent even logged on his mages Storm Flame and Earth. My characters are Holkan Holy and Trinity. I really love this server I havent boxed past the 3 limit and I havent even logged on his 3 accounts. The only issue I can see that may of led to this is one of my account names is the same as his 3 elation. THis is because 3 days ago we were unable to create a forum account due to a register bug that Speedz solved with email ( you can read my tech about it under website bugs section) So I made him an account temporarily on my forum account. However once he made his 3 mages i took that account and he uses his other 3.

Anyway sorry if this is in the wrong section but a mistake has been made and the GM who banned us is either confused or not telling the truth about us being on the same IP. Also if anyone could point me to the person to straighten this all out that'd be amazing.

Also to add when this problem viewtopic.php?f=42&t=2448 arised we were both trying to create forum accounts for him. I created his forum account so my ip is the creation for his accounts, however like I said we are two different people and the GM actually investigated he clearly would of been able to see / test this in the game.

Not to mention we were talking in ooc within half a second of each other and talking to other players literally impossible if we were one person 6 boxing.

Also if its needed we can literally take pictures of our monitors with our ip's and faces showing so you can see we are two different people if you need 100 % proof.

2. elati0n

elati0n New Member

Hi , I'm the second friend from new york my friend pretty much explained the situation, i play the 3 mages storm flame and water and I'm willing to provide any tests proof that you need , we pretty much dedicated today to playing together so I'd appreciate it if we could be able to continue playing on this server, we both came from p99 after playing together and prefer this server since its PoP era, with plane of knowledge.

3. sourdiesel

sourdiesel Active Member

Posting about GM interactions will also get you banned =p but if your already banned then who cares.

I think the reason you got banned was you created 2 forum accounts from the same IP address.

Sending the GM or Speedz a PM is a better way to get this resolved.

4. holkan

holkan New Member

ok thanks man appreciate it

5. Trosh

Trosh New Member

I remember seeing in the chat thingie at the bottom of the forum page speedz talking to them about this (to someone anyway) so might not count as posting about GM interactions.. good luck getting the situation straightened out!

6. holkan

holkan New Member

Yeah i figured out why he thought it was the same person and its because when the bug was going on I created an game account on my forum account so he could play that night with me and he continued to use one of the accounts from my forum account as 1 of his 3. So i used an account on his forum account and he used one on mine. Thats where the confusion was no boxing past 3 for us ever happened but I understand why it would look that way and hopefully speedz can help me resolve the situation so we can get back to playing this awesome server.

I sent them pm's of pictures of our monitor's displaying our ip addresses + our faces. Hopefully this is enough to clear up the misunderstanding.

7. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

This is resolved. Very respectful members of our server here (no sarcasm at all).
    Very well thought out PMs with zero hostility. You guys need a shave! lol kidding.
    Nice to see such passion and willingness to work with the staff and go the extra mile to confirm legit play.
    All the while being respectful and understanding as to why something got negative attention and not being critical of it.

This is the exact example of the community we want. We are not just preserving the server, we wish to preserve a great community that was once AK.
    Glad to have you aboard.

8. holkan

holkan New Member

Appreciate the fast response and sorry for the confusing situation can definitely see why we got banned once I looked at it.

9. Swish

Swish Member

Always nice to see a positive resolution <3

10. Thunderace

Thunderace People Like Me

these two dues are cool

buffed them a few days ago in steamfont - to the dude w 3 mages, shoulda dropped a druid in group! :p

11. Lyrad

Lyrad Member

This thread really bolsters my hope for this server.

Rules were swiftly enforced. A mature plea for reevaluation was made by the banned players, showing respect and desire to play here. A resolution was very quickly achieved. Players and GMs are both happy with the outcome.

This is magnificent.

12. Senan

Senan New Member

Wholeheartedly agree. Even though I didn't really play much back on EQMac (never had a good enough Mac to truly enjoy it,) I had been a member of the old forums back then from '07 and onward. I remember lurking the boards on more the one occasion and always thinking that the community seemed like such a class act. I'm glad to see this one following in its footsteps.

13. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

I am one of those rare players who started on AK and it was the only EQ community I ever experienced. From what I understand, I was extremely privileged because of the immature nature of other EQ communities. What really blew me away on AK was the community's willingness to help. I had played plenty of other MMORPGs where the community was 'gimme gimme' and no one helped each other at all. One of my main reasons for volunteering much of my free time to this project was to give my old buddies from AK a new home. There were a few times when we were working on the alpha that a feeling of despair over took us and we wondered if anyone would play on here. We wondered if the community would change and become more like PC EQ. I am ever so pleased that the spirit of AK's community still exists and I get to see it often during my play times. We were always the 'friendly' EQ population, and seeing this tradition continue is just wonderful.

14. Senan

Senan New Member

Arrg, not sure how I missed this.

I couldn't agree more. Over the years, I've pretty much been a PC-exclusive player due to not owning many Macs in my time. Funny enough, the few times I have owned one, it was specifically for the old Al'kabor. Unfortunately, both times I bought one, it was so underpowered that playing there wasn't very feasible (especially if trying to using the Luclin models.) Nonetheless, even though my experience with the original EQmac server was limited, each time that I came there the community was always unbelievably friendly. Despite the small population, I was frequently buffed without asking and even given a few nice pieces of gear by someone just passing by. Heck, just by lurking their forums alone, it was a night and day difference from most others I had been a part of.

Needless to say, I was really glad to hear about this server, and even more so to see so many familiar faces from other official EQmac forums being present (as well as old guilds and such.) It's always a terrible thing when a server is shut down and the many loyal members of a community are left "homeless" in the process, so it's awesome that we all have a place to enjoy Al'kabor again -- vets and new players alike.