New player saying Hi with some questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hammurabi, Sep 23, 2023.

1. Hammurabi

Hammurabi New Member

Greetings beautiful TAKP people!

finally its time for me to be able to spend decent amounts of hours into playing games again and i choose the mother of all :cool: actually followed TAKP on and off for quite some time but never played myelf. So hyped!!!! Looking forward becoming a part of this community! which btw so far held up to all the good vibes i always got watching/reading TAKP content big time! Being a casual boomster that always hated the p99/tlp hardcore/asshole attitude im very certain this was a great choice!

Whats bothering me ingame is the american keyboard settings. I tried searching the forum for posts about this but couldnt find anything. Alot of keys im used to pressing on european/german settings have different things on em ingame.... drives me crazy. Is it possible to change this?

Also i have a question about Sisters camp in Lfay. i started there being level 8 and leveled to 10.5 where i currently stand got 5 Bronze weps in that time and made only 34p on the camp so far. I remember the coin to be way better. I actually struggle keeping up with spell costs. Not fishing for handouts here i like to get my stuff by myself but would be happy for some suggestions where to stock up on some early pps with limited playtime.

Elroz likes this.
  2. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

There was a post on Discord a few days ago with something to fix the European keyboard problem. Try searching TAKP Discord or perhaps someone will post the fix here.

There are players that hand out plat as a pseudo quest reward for anyone that completes the newbie quest armors. That may be a good start.

3. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

Welcome to the server!

If you want to keep up with spell costs, you can supplement with low end tradeskill components. It means leaving a trader up, but will help if you're able.

Darchon's guide for new players, stickied at the top has this section:

4. Hammurabi

Hammurabi New Member

Thx alot for the ideas! havent joined the Discord yet but will do

5. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

They are not money camp on this server.

Keeping up with spell cost is a little harder, until you can start looting Hill Giants in Rathe Mountains.

At lvl 4-5 you can go after spiderling cave in FoB (left of Cabilis ZL) for spiderling silk. Although I don't know how is market for them now a days. They usually sold good especially if you offered them cheaper. You could get few 100 plat in an afternoon.

At your level, around 10, you could go all the way North in zone Shadeweaver's Thicket and farm Swirling Shadows, mentioned in Darchon guide. They don't drop often, but you should get a few as you get few levels there. They sell between 25-50plat a piece. They drop of some kind (aggressive and social) skeletons, can't recall their name.

Later, when you can go after lowest level guards in HHK, you can get some decent plat with their weapon drops. And bank is right there also.

After that, Hill Giants. Good luck

Last edited: Sep 25, 2023
  6. Golligolli

Golligolli New Member

When you get a little higher in level the skulking brutes in warsliks woods have gem drops that add up. Same thing with geonids in crystal caverns.