Bst/dru/mag trio

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kortayn, Dec 8, 2021.

1. Kortayn

Kortayn New Member

Greetings everyone. I just found out about your server the other day and can't wait to start grinding. I want my overall main character to be a beastlord and I was looking for good group boxxing suggestions for it. I was thinking mage for pet damage increase and druid for healing but that means the beastlord has to tank and pull. Anyone out there use this trio and is it pretty effective? I appreciate the time!!

2. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

BL/dru/mag is one of the more popular trios after the classic X/clr/enc. It'll do great. Grab a 4-hour KEI in PoK and go wreck shop.

Kabouter and DubRemix88 like this.
  3. Jaruden

Jaruden Member

I started off just duoing a BST/DRU and it was decent, but by the 20's I could see my DPS wasn't great. So I added a MAG. Now DPS is much better and the group goes super well together.

I run the BST as my "main" (mostly on his screen) - slow & melee & dot as needed. DRU mostly heals, but nukes when mana is good, and snares when necessary. You can get away with a couple simple hotkeys here for heal and assist/nuke. MAG I generally get away with 2 hotkeys -- one says to assist and send the pet. The other says to assist, send the pet, wait a couple seconds (agro management), stand, nuke, sit down. BST has good agro tools (slow & dot) to keep agro easily off the mage.
    So for most fights when trioing, I pull into camp, quickly jump to the mage, hit 1 button, then back, and the mage is on autopilot.
    Occasionally pop back over to the mage to re-apply your damage shield as needed.

Beastlord is a surprisingly good tank, I've had no issues tanking anything through mid-50s so far. And at higher levels if needed, the beastlord pet is a really good offtank. Slow goes a loooooong way to making tanking easy.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
    Wizarous and Tecmos.Deception like this.
  4. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Trio will stay pretty strong in PoP too: 65% slow on BL, 5k "CH" on dru, and if you're feeling saucy, dru can charm in Storms/Tactics or mag can charm in BoT.