Boxing Help / Client Issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maelin, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Maelin

Maelin Member

I've been playing here a few weeks now and can't seem to figure out what is causing issues with my clients. After asking in /1 for advice, I was told to search the forums but came up empty after reading posts in each of the bug forums.

I followed the wiki Windows setup guide and did not skip any steps.

The main issue I am encountering is that whetever box is in the last position on my taskbar will intermittently "bug out" and start sending random inputs into that box. This could be hailing, jumping, pressing various F keys, etc. It is always and only the last box on my taskbar, regardless of which character I have placed there.

My boxing workflow currently is using mouse clicks on the different taskbar client instances to switch to them. I also frequently mouse off of my EQ boxes to do things on a second monitor (discord, chrome, whatever).

Using the provided hotkeynet shortcuts doesn't seem to improve the situation. Also, on the subject, the provided script won't properly launch clients for me. They start up and crash on the EULA screen.

I've been watching Bob and Rimidal's twitch/youtube content and they don't seem to ever encounter this issue, while with me it happens extremely often. Any guidance would be appreciated!

2. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

3. Maelin

Maelin Member

I'm using the supported windows client v2.0 and v3.5.3 freethemouse. Do I need to try v3.53 eqgame.dll?

4. Break

Break People Like Me

Not a permanent fix, but maybe you can put a trader up as your 4th box. That way any bugging out won't matter as much.

5. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

I'd try the DLL, but back up your existing one first. I can't recall if the updated DLL is part of the Windows game package.

6. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

If you click mouse off screen or do stuff off screen, it can send errant stuff to client when switching back.

Don't use mouse to switch clients.

Don't use the computer for other stuff while playing.

That's your best way to minimize issues.

It cannot be completely fixed.

Mokli likes this.
  7. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

8. Maelin

Maelin Member

Appreciate the help! I made an installation mistake and didn't properly apply the freethemouse 3.5.3 update. Have about 8 hours of gameplay without issue now, and big props to Rimidal for helping me troubleshoot.

Palarran and showstring like this.