Plane of Fear

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RotatoR, Jan 23, 2021.

1. RotatoR

RotatoR New Member

So I'm looking to crack into Plane of Fear to get the tear for my shaman epic. How difficult is it to break in? From what I read it sounds like it is almost a guaranteed death during entry. Could a group of 6-9 players in their low 50's do it? One of the guides I was reading said not to bring more than 42 people, which seemed a tad extreme...

2. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

Generally only experienced people should attempt the break in with very few/ungeared toons but it isn't too difficult if you have a competent bard in your group.

Bard kites the entrance area and you slowly rip off mobs from the bard's train thus leaving the entrance clear from any mobs and the team should be good to clear the rest of Fear.

3. RotatoR

RotatoR New Member

Oof. No bard I am afraid. We are rolling with a 52 wiz, 53 pal, 53 necro, 54 war, 55 sha, 55 cle, 55 ench, 55 sk, and 56 dru. Gear is poor to mediocre. Perhaps we'll be able to find a bard to assist us if we ask around a bit. My biggest concern really is wiping up entrance and then not being able to get our corpses back. I can only imagine CR would be a nightmare in this situation. Are there still guilds or groups that roll through Fear on occasion? Might be easier to try and tag along with them.

4. DuckDo

DuckDo Member

The aggro and assist radius is absurd. And with the scarlings procing shadow step on you it can make boxing even harder and disorienting. If you zone in and run immediately to the western wall, you can expect at least 6 mobs on you. With more joining as pathers come by. I'd stay away from this method. Thankfully there are easier ways.

Plane of Fear is often cleared when a server reset happens. I believe the trash mobs are on an 8 hour respawn timer. I once asked about help with the wizard epic in Plane of Fear. The advice I got was basically : "Check after a server reset, usually everything is cleared except the wizard epic mob". Sure enough that was exactly correct. With the added bonus that 2 iksar broodlings were also left up. I took 1 tear for my shaman, and left the other one up for any future shamans. Server resets happen every other Wednesday. I believe the next one is scheduled for Feb 2nd.

Just to be safe I'd either have a toon bound at the safe spot on northwall check, or be prepared to gate out quickly with a "Leatherfoot Raider Cap" incase it turns out to not be cleared.

If you are curious about my old thread that had some solid information about dealing with Plane of Fear you can check here : https://www.takproject.net/forums/index.php?threads/breaking-into-fear.16641/#post-86771

Cadsuane likes this.
  5. RotatoR

RotatoR New Member

Interesting. That is super helpful, thank you. I like the idea of waiting for a server reset. I imagine the running to the safe spot/rezzing method requires actually knowing what you are doing. I'd almost certainly screw it up the first go and then get stuck with a CR.

If I wait for a sever reset it sounds like it will wipe out all of the trash/wandering mobs with the reset and then they take about 8 hours to repop? So that would be my window to strike. From what it looks like the server resets every other Wednesday at 10 AM EST. So I will give it a shot and pray!

6. DuckDo

DuckDo Member

I don't think the reset wipes out the trash itself. I believe when the server comes back online the juicy Fear targets come prespawned as well. Which entices high level players to get in ASAP to clear their way to the golems, etc. But yeah checking a couple hours after a server reset is your best bet I think. Just have an instant gate method ready. Or you can leave all your gear in the bank to charge in naked, be ready to take the XP hit if no one happened to clear it that particular server reset.