Brother zephyl

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ghakim, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Ghakim

Ghakim Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever seen Brother Z wearing a robe? On other servers if Brother Z has a robe of the lost circle to drop then he can be seen wearing it.

I have seen him up a few times and he has never been wearing a robe. I wanted to make sure that he can drop the robe of the lost circle and if he has it that he would be wearing it.

Thank you very much!

2. ansar

ansar New Member

I have seen him about 5 times, but he was never wearing a robe.

3. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Robe drop rate is currently 18%. I went and bumped it up to 20%.

I just #dbspawned him on Dev and he wasn't wearing the robe when he had it. I don't know why; it's flagged equip in the lootdrop.

4. Ghakim

Ghakim Well-Known Member

Anyway that we can get that fixed so that he shows the robe if he has it?

5. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

I took him down to 60% boxing 3 mages the other day. I think with 6+ he would be easy.

6. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

Bro Z and Q were always a bit buggy in this area. There used to be strange issues where sometimes he'd not show robe but would have in his inventory when killed and vice-versa. It was always unpredictable. I had heard theories that if you were in the zone when he spawned then you'd see him with robe equipped if he had it; if you zoned in after he was already up and he had robe, you would not be able to see it equipped. I'd have to assume these theories came about when someone would say they could plainly see it and others viewing him at the same moment said they could not see it.

In any case, this was always quite odd on AK also... so we seem to have duplicated it well here on TAKP :)

I have yet to see him with robe here on TAKP, but haven't seen either of them that much. Bro Z is the easier of the two to spawn, so if you are killing those PH's and he spawns with robe while your in the zone, maybe you'd be able to see it on him... not certain though. It was all conjecture.

7. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

this is 100% correct, on live at least. I remember spawning him and he was wearing a robe, then I went linkdead before hand-in and when I came back it was no longer showing. I don't think this is a big deal either way though, there's a quest for the robe if all else fails!

8. Verdent

Verdent People Like Me

I remember hearing on live he could drop the robe even without wearing it.

9. Pinoit

Pinoit Well-Known Member

At risk of sounding like a broken record, might I inquire on Brother Zephyl's spawn percentage? I have been camping Rathe Mountains for a collective 25+ hours now since Saturday afternoon, and have yet to see anything other than a drake, Meldrath, and Hasten.

I swear I'm the unluckiest Monk alt on the server =/.

10. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

Just keep killing, he'll show

11. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

5%. Whether or not it should be 5%, I couldn't say.

12. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Maldyn*

13. Pinoit

Pinoit Well-Known Member

Maldyn... right. Sorry.

14. Wellmine

Wellmine Active Member

Sorry to bump such an old post, but is the respawn for the cycle correct. I have read it was 6 min 40 seconds and it seems to be a bit longer I think its closer to 10 mins.

15. Polly

Polly Member

Corroborating Wellmine's note that the respawn was around 12-13 minutes, about double the norm.

Wellmine likes this.
  16. Esildor

Esildor Member

If it’s of interest I can pull some data from current live TLP servers on respawn and spawn chance.

17. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Sony changed the respawn timers for most of the game years ago by something like -20% what they used to be, and in some cases more. (e.g. newbie yards)

If people want to go collect data, I'm always interested

Mechaike likes this.