New player, questions...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by geoff, May 8, 2019.

1. geoff

geoff New Member

So ive been playing pretty heavily on 99 and I got the itch to try this server. Are the exp levels the same as live? Do people actually talk or is it all box land and nobody helps each other out? this server is very intriguing

2. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

If you get in. Make sure you join /alliance.

Join a guild. Ppl chat plenty.

Exp levels are like they were on AK.

After you install pc client. Get updated eqgame.dll v3.2.

Mouse scroll zoom doesnt work.

H

3. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

Plenty of people talking in Alliance and the various guilds. Your best bet for groups, or help, is to put up /lfg and to ask if anyone is interested in grouping in alliance chat.

4. geoff

geoff New Member

thanks for the info!

5. rainessa

rainessa People Like Me

Welcome :)

A lot of people are helpful here, whether advice, starter gear, or buffs. Should probably keep an eye on the bards though; you never know what they are getting into.

6. HelHound989

HelHound989 Member

XP gain is, from my understanding, the same as it was back on Al'kabor Server during PoP era (No class XP penalties, but there are race penalties. Flat %20 XP bonus server wide. Group bonus reworked so that full groups get a better bonus).

From my experience as a new player myself, seems like boxing drops off once players seem to get up in the 45s - 50s level range, and everyone groups normally by then, from what I have seen. Im not up there at all yet, but just watching chat, people LFGing constantly around that level. And people are both super friendly and talkative in the Alliance chat.

Me and my friend started a couple weeks ago, and we just hit our characters around 20ish level. This is playing normally (1-2 a day hours during the week, long play session on the weekends). So that gives you an idea the rate of leveling.

Lastly: The 1 - 20ish level range journey can be a bit lonely, but this is due to the lower population compared to P99, and has nothing really to do with people wanting to box solo. Players seem to want to group, even with boxing, and this coincides the same social desires from the TLP servers as well, since I 2-boxed on both Agnarr and Lockjaw TLPs when they launched. Whats odd to me, is players seem to think that boxing kills the social aspect and spirit of EQ, when in reality, unless they are 6-boxing mage groups, people still wanted to group even while boxing. This is coming from personal experience, and made me realize the myth that boxing kills the spirit EQ is actually quite false. I believe that P2002 / TAKP has the perfect compromise: Allow boxing, but make it limited

Anyway, my 2cp

Slayzz and Ripwind like this.