So.. What are you working on? Pt. 1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hurikane, Mar 11, 2019.

1. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

Most mobs can only count to 6, so 9 counters is extra enraging

hurikane and Ripwind like this.
  2. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Guild regularly sends rogues on suicide missions !

3. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

Its not horrible for noob gear but as in all Luclin non raid things the effort vs reward ratio is way, way off. Rare drops off ridiculous spawns in zones no sane person would ever want to play in. Want to kill things in Mons Letalis? This is how you end up killing things in Mons Letalis. All for gear comparable to Loam constantly for sale for cheap in Baz.

4. Zianae

Zianae New Member

Yeah hotkey net definitely helps me not completely fail. I think not customizing my UI and using very few hotkeys or macros is what is really making it hard for me. Then I overpull, panic, lose my mouse cursor in the sea of green shaman spell particles and when I get to my cleric shes back at the nexus, dead with an entire spell book to re-memorize. Frustration. Hahah.

Once I pick a trio I'll try to do more customizing. I think I can do it better if I get time to practice.

hurikane likes this.
  5. hurikane

hurikane Member

Interesting.. i will honestly try and do some random Luclin quests because I basically skipped this expansion when it came out.

My guys are coming up to level 40 and I'm thinking I just go to the Hole and gear out my guys (all 3 int casters). The summoned beings will get rekt by pets with mage swords so it just makes too much sense lol

6. hurikane

hurikane Member

This is how I felt until I got a hang of it.

I specifically picked easy classes though that I really only need 3 buttons with to be effective (follow enchanter, assist and send pet, cast these two spells)

7. Zianae

Zianae New Member

This is what I'm leaning toward now! Last night I made a new gnome warrior and had a blast solo'ing some of the initiate watchman armor quests. Got two bracers to start. I think I might pair this with my cleric and wizard that are in the 20s and 30s. Three classes that all just need a couple buttons! It's not perfect and I'm probably missing so much, but I think it'll let me get used to boxing... I hope?

So to your original question... I'm now focused on these initiate watchman armor quests. I saw they weren't confirmed on the quest bugs newbie armor list, so I'm excited to do them all and turn them green if they really havent been done yet.

8. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

Need to get back to grinding some AAs, now that candyland is rotated and we've taken some downtime to recharge

9. hurikane

hurikane Member

What does Candyland mean?

10. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

11. DCortez

DCortez Member

Bazaar gearing my army then we march to 60!

hurikane likes this.
  12. hurikane

hurikane Member

What classes and what items you sniping?

13. Locnar

Locnar Member

Just slowly leveling up my first couple toons, in the mid 20's now. Also a lot of daydreaming about what combos I want to try after i've leveled up these first two and use them to farm some gear for subsequent generations!

hurikane and Neealana like this.
  14. DCortez

DCortez Member

Short answer, a variety. Long answer monk, rogue, enc, wiz, wiz, nec, clr, sk, not to mention the ones I've geared. Helping myself and 3 other live people.

hurikane likes this.
  15. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

/e waves @ Jerumiah !

16. hurikane

hurikane Member

So... Everquest.. you're playing everquest got it

17. hurikane

hurikane Member

Same. What combo you thinking would be awesome with some gear?

18. hurikane

hurikane Member

So.. this weekend was pretty good to me in EQ.

Wanted to get all my guys to level 39 so I could get my next tier of spells so I level in Kaesora for a bit.
    Awesome zone btw (ty ver for the suggestion)

So at one point I fail pulling (thing spawned on my way back pulling so i jumped over a ledge into more things lol) so I'm on my CR.
    A see invis spider got me on my way back and I narrowly escaped with an AoE stun / Gate maneuver.. but i was at 10% hp and poisoned..
    so im begging for help at the bind point in PoK where an epic'd mage is and basically watches me die helplessly (i asked for her to summon bandages lol)
    just so happens she has an epic'd cleric and was actually nice enough to rez in pok then to follow me to kaesora and rez my other body! (i forget her name.. started with an N? high elf mage TY!!~)

after that my next goal is lvl44 so i decide to grind it out doing rathe mountains and luckily i had the zone to myself 70% of the time. Made lots of XP and $$
    used that $$ to trade skill a little (blacksmith/baking up to 130 each), buy spells, train research, and buy THE EARRING OF SOLSTICE!! (queue angelic music)

so yeah i got that damn earring and im proud of it too!

Hit 44 so i had to do my Tashania quest running around from town to town and got those obscure spells for my chanter/mage

luckily enchanter gets a wolf form at 44 that increases movement speed so its a self sow but dangerous cause you're KoS sometimes. (yeah i died lol)

research is max guild master trained on my chanter/nec which is nice since my buddy is a nec about 10 levels below me so i've been giving him important research only spells (intensity, 24pet, 34 pet)

all in all very exciting and getting even closer to the 50+ content which im very excited for!

gonna do a decent bulk of 44-50 in the hole i think since mage weps on the pets will do work and need loam on my characters

have also started to peep my enchanter epic just to get a grasp but i'm not sure i'll focus on it til 60. thoughts?

Ransom likes this.
  19. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Start epics as early as you can, work on them passively.

I, too, had a good weekend. Got my last VT shard, had some FT3 boots drop in CT and got 5 or so AA.

Neealana, Ransom, Mokli and 2 others like this.