I'm New here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Martigan, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Martigan

Martigan New Member

I just found out about this. I'm an EQ player from 1999-2005. I never played the Mac version, but I'm downloading the client as I type. Can you guys tell me a bit about the state of the game and what would be a good class to play. My main when I played was an Erudite Mage. I'm super stoked!

2. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Any class - we don't really care. The state hmm its played by adults, who act like we're all adults and aren't pretending we're children.

lurari likes this.
  3. Martigan

Martigan New Member

How close is it to the PoP game? Is it pretty true to the game at the time? The last time I played a non-sanctioned version of EQ was Shards of Delaya...it was different and fun for a while, until it became a ghost town.

4. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

We just had Luclin launch a month and a half ago.

PoP is probably 1-2 years away.

The server is the most accurate server available for this timeframe.

This server peaks around 300 characters online, probably 150 people. You won’t find much grouping at the lower levels, most of it is concentrated 50+. I would encourage you play whatever you like but be aware you aren’t likely to find a huge number of groups prior to 50 so maybe pick something that can solo, or box something that allows you to duo. You could also 3-box (this is our cap) if that floats your boat.

5. Mitya

Mitya Well-Known Member

In terms of the state of the lowbies - I am also a returning player having played on Live. Just recently found a few buddies that I can't believe are still around. That being said, I run a few box trios that you are always welcomed to join: I have a Shadow Knight/Bard/Cleric box team around level 13 and I have a necromancer/druid/enchanter box team that is around level 15. You're welcome to join either you see fit. In terms of where/how I hunt, if dungeon crawling is your thing then hook up with my SK trio otherwise I do mostly outdoor/charm kiting on the Nec trio. Glad to have you here, and welcome back to EQ. :)

6. Calid

Calid New Member

Plazed SoD also from like 2010 to 2015 (until thez broke it).
    Feeling here is about the same now with Luclin release latelz,but had fun before without AAs.
    The client thez use here is verz outdated,which is annozing(outside view controls,no international kezboard support,filters suck etc.),but zou get used to.
    There are workarounds for no buff timers (Gina,not sure about that one,never used it),Zliz map for no ingame maps.
    As on SoD zou are meant to box to make anz meaningful progress,doesnt bother me,at least it is limited to 3 boxes(+1 trader box),though personallz
    I would like 2 boxing limit better,but nothing wrong with adding an Enc to zour Tank/Healer box. :)
    Use Hotkeynet as somewhere mentioned in the installation instructions on the Wiki to switch clients and it isnt that bad.
    Compared to SoD gameplaz is a little dull,no bounties,adepts,no Irelc or open raids and such,but that isnt the goal here,I can live with that.
    As mentioned above and true for everz server,live or emu,dont expect groups at low levels.

I started with Pal/Dru/Enc here about 2 zears and thez are still mz mains,cant go wrong with that,imho.
    But saw strange (imho) boxes here where I wonder how thez are plazed efiicientlz(at least somewhat) like Brd/Shm/Rog. :)

7. necra

necra People Like Me

I have just witnessed a typing impediment

Videri-Tala likes this.
  8. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

I'm unsure if I'm just drunk. Or zou've replaced all zour z's with y's.

lurari and pharmakos like this.
  9. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

I miss both of you. WTB daytime time.

lurari and Smudge like this.
  10. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

International keyboard issues.

lurari likes this.
  11. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

Except for Bum

Videri-Tala and Bum like this.
  12. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

Seriously though - any class you play, that you will enjoy playing, can fit into the community just fine. Gnomes are preferred though.

lurari, pharmakos and Faults like this.
  13. lurari

lurari People Like Me

Hello and welcome!

We love all classes here. Mages are fun and powerful, a welcome addition to any group! You may even find some folks to assist you with your epic (*cough* @showstring )!

If you play Erudite, people will associate you with Bum, which you may not appreciate. Instead I recommend Gnome, as everyone will associate you with awesomesauce.

14. Martigan

Martigan New Member

I decided to re-live old times. I created an Erudite Mage and am currently level 5. I've been able to save up 50 plat so far. The character name is Marvolo. I'm still in the Qeynos starting area. Are there any guilds which accept lowbies? I'm not going to ask for any handouts...that's not me.

Videri-Tala likes this.
  15. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

descended from slytherin?! hisssss
    visit the plane of knowledge to find like-minded fellows and get some buffs to help with your leveling. that's where people tend to congregate.
    many guilds accept members of all levels, and it can be a good way to meet people. in general its a smallish community and changing guilds isn't done very lightly, so look for people you think you'd gel with.

16. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

How did you save up 50 plat at level 5? Those are some top notch investments

Videri-Tala and lurari like this.
  17. Mitya

Mitya Well-Known Member

I know right? That's some serious plague rat tail sales, lol.

showstring likes this.
  18. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

You may all go die in a fire.

Hint for mass plats. Level up where you can farm tradekill mats. I needed spiderling silks last weekend and bought 1100 of them off a trader. If you need plats just ask in alliance if anyone needs things farmed and can set yourself up with xp and a home for your lewts.

pharmakos likes this.
  19. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

No clue why he says that since half the player base are foreigners and type just fine.

Even those french canuks.

Tuluvien likes this.