Issues with Large Races

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skogar, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Skogar

Skogar New Member

Hi all,

I'm thinking of playing an Ogre knight, and I'd like to level in dungeons, but I know Ogres can have issues with size. I don't want to include a shaman in the group.

I wasn't able to find shrink potions in the bazaar, but potions at lower levels may not be an option anyway as plat is hard to acquire until later.

I know there are some items with a shrink or illusion effect, but again you need higher levels (crown of deceit, wand of imperceptibility). I'm guessing the guise of the deceiver didn't drop on Al Kabor (the pre-nerf version that was usable by large races).

I've read on the forums that large races have trouble in many zones, and there were discussions in the past about overly large collision areas. I'm trying to determine how big a problem this will be before I commit to the big guy.

Are there only a few places large races will have trouble, or is it relatively common?

Thanks for any suggestions / corrections.

2. Tyrion

Tyrion Well-Known Member

Think some guises are given out at gm events. Not sure the rarity of those here. But you will have difficulty in some dungeons like solA. I wouldn't let it dissuade you from playing the big guy though, shrink items and pots will come sooner than you think.

3. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Yeah, biggos have issues. Those issues may be exaggerated a bit by the current TAKP model sizes and collision mechanics, but that's kinda beside the point. Unshrunk ogres in dungeons are terrible. If you like dungeon diving, don't want to buy shrink potions (15-20p per charge), and don't want to include a shaman or beastlord in your group, I'd suggest rolling a small or medium race.

4. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Small races have issues too with geometry, getting stuck on bumps, stairs in kael, having to have grow to hand in your ST key. I have halflings and they drive me crazy sometimes with their small people issues.

5. Skogar

Skogar New Member

Decisions, decisions... thanks for the replies.