P99 post

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sowislifesowislove, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Yeah the development side of it has really been impressive. I started by leveling a trio to 50 in open alpha, so I have been around for awhile. Server community has been really good here too. A lot of people invested in making it a better server by providing logs, researching, or posting bugs.

2. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

It's been around almost 2 years now. Yes we came a long ways. Went from server and client instablity to a more stable and enjoyable game. We grew and learn to tolerate the ups and the down but we always come together as one whole big team, the developers and the community working together.

3. benoeb

benoeb People Like Me

Yep, we have even come to terms with #Ravenwinged or #YouHaveBeenBijaz'led :p

4. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

You're welcome for me coming up with the original.

5. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

When did open Alpha start rob? I guess I could go look at some of my very first posts and figure it out from there.

6. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Oh yeah, looks like I was invited and started posting around Aug 21, 2014. That is 2 years. Wow, doesnt seem like that long ago but I guess it was.

Elrontaur likes this.
  7. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Actually Alpha started in around June 2014 on a different host. Then Hosted on where were are on now since Aug 2014

Elrontaur likes this.
  8. Verdent

Verdent People Like Me

Yo year, get your friends' info so you can give out their stuff to new players. I know stereo an I gave them a bunch of stuff thats just rotting on there, It isn't a big deal but it would be a nice velious party giveaway. Its likely we will get some new players or people coming back on the launch or around it.

Neph is very happy to welcome people from P99 or wherever assuming we all have the same goal in mind; enjoy the game and the community.

9. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Good times the alpha. 2/5 of the time necro pets wouldn't summon. I think that was the majority of my bug posts.

Elrontaur likes this.
  10. necra

necra People Like Me

I remember the giant overpowered pets on alpha.. Good times

Elrontaur and Oiwon like this.
  11. Pane

Pane Member

I've got 20 posts since June 25, 2014... :eek:

12. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

I'll check! I do have Kenluani's info (Fasttimes) as I use her for PL's and ports.

Verdent likes this.
  13. Cutty

Cutty Well-Known Member

In Alpha I never thought I would be able to come to terms with not being able to scroll wheel in and out of third person PoV

Mambo likes this.
  14. Sparking

Sparking New Member

A little growth here would be good.

This server will always have a different vibe than p99 due to the boxing. I think it's necessary to some extent (2-box max may have arguably been better), and I'm personally having fun with it. When I started on p99 around 2009 (back in the good old days... of p99... lol) there were usually less than 100 people on spread from 1 to 30's/40's, so it was good luck finding a group at your level. I just played a necro, rarely even tried to find a group, and there were probably many like that early on. As the population grew it hit that sweet spot at some point where you could find a group with any class at most levels yet not have to worry about not being able to find somewhere to camp etc. TAKP won't have that phase where you can't find a group cause you can always just make your own, but there are of course lot of players from p99 that will just be scared away by the boxing for multiple reasons.

15. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

Totally. When I first came over, my initial thinking was that I wasn't going to box at all. It was such a foreign concept to me. I would two-box here and there on EQ Live, but that was about it. I was so ingrained in the idea of single boxing. I also didn't think people could be effective multi-boxing during raids. Boy, was I wrong.

16. Videri-Tala

Videri-Tala Well-Known Member

You caught this Red99er's attention. I'm enjoying playing my beastlord here. :) Thanks for posting!
    I played the last two months of Al'Kabor before they nixed it, then played with <Lost in Progression> on Live's Trakanon server (honor system progression guild), then Project 1999 Red.

17. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Awesome man, Videri/Tala your in game name?

18. Videri-Tala

Videri-Tala Well-Known Member

I'm mainly playing my beastlord Tandem, sometimes with my cleric Videri and my necro Kalaratri ("black night" and a nickname of Kali's).

sowislifesowislove likes this.