The Fuscia War is here to see you now

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mambo, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Mambo

Mambo Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

Lifetime EQ enthusiast, first time poster. Recently found these forums after spending some time lurking on one of the other EMU boards (then trying to post, and never actually getting anyone to allow me to post).

A little about me:

I started EQ in 2000. Not sure exactly when. A friend introduced me. I purchased my own account and up through Velious in 2001. Friend told me to play a war (he was a Druid-his friends were an enchanter and ranger)-said "you press A (cause auto attack was A, never f*****g Q), and taunt! Casters are more difficult to start."

I started a war-but felt bored. No one to play with in feerot. After a couple days I made a Druid-because I wanted to pull fruit and vegetables out of my a**-alas, Rivervale and the misty thicket were fun, but my friend was right...casters WERE more work. Gotta buy spells...and stuff. Me ogre. Too much thaughtttt.

So I went back. I expanded to the swamp, Sro (with the sob random hill giant I wasn't told about), oasis (yay boats), Nro, and of course EC, and eventually through daylight, the evil Forrest and into highhold pass and keep.

I loved this game. I spent all my "free" time-both those hours that I should have been awake and those I should have been asleep-playing. I loved the faction. I loved that even though "friendly" cities hated my RZ worshipping butt that the OT loved me. I loved those groups. I loved lusting for 1 mother loving floop! I loved finishing a god forsaken hell level.

SoW was a god send from any passing Druid.

1 night I saw people gathering at the spire in Sro. I wasn't yet old enough to travel to hate. But I listed after the idea of grouping with 30-70 other people to kill "really tough stuff." Awesome. As soon as I turned 45/46 (forgive me for forgetting), I went on the first open raid (hate) that I could. I did not yet have a guild at that point.

The raid was amazing-to me. Actually it sucked in general-not super successful. Someone touched the f*****g wall! Got a bracer and maybe something else on that raid. Holy cow-my first raid piece. Heaven-a taste of the nectar from the sweet EQ teet that I so desperately wanted to suckle.

I can't remember my first guild, but my second was "spirit pack." Just a collection of friends/acquaintances. There was one cleric that I knew at the time. Her name was something like Claira Voyant. I adopted a surname influenced by our discussions, which apparently someone else on the server also had. Forever after we became friends and we fought over whom had it first.

My friend belonged to a guild that started doing some ToV stuff-but nothing like the top guilds at the time (Silent Redemption and Watchers-don't think Enshadowed was around yet). I grew more excited. Started gearing up for "raids" by getting things like an 8th ring MQ (paid 10k!!!).

Aside (as if every other paragraph isn't): I remember being on the brell boards constantly-remember thinking about how much time Nadia had on her hands. I would try to figure out how long I would have to farm to be able to afford a CoF or a Fungi. At that point, I don't recall ever actually seeing a BoC or SoD for sale. I Remember being on the brell rants. Ahh-the rant boards.

As I progressed, I became more serious, and I stopped letting RL get in the way (cue canned laughter). Joined my first legit raiding guild-Progeny of Fate (leader Tamian (TamianX after server merge)). This was not the first guild that I belonged to that raided (I think that would be Mythic Voyagers), but it was the first that raided in a major way with a consistent schedule. Was a good group for me, although I always felt a little on the outside. Loved some of the old cats, like Gnomore, and his wife (forgive me, her enchanter name escapes me).Made friends in several of the top guilds-wanted to apply, but just could not meet that raid schedule. Eventually, as PoFate was dwindling, I joined Alarius. Became a top war and raided constantly till 2008. Then on and off till 2010. Then seriously for 3mo-1 year. Then have been mostly absent since then.

For years I came home around 5, went to sleep till 10. Woke up and raided till 3ish, then often grouped. Might sleep 1-3 hours before getting up again for the normal day. I did this not because I was part of the best guild on the server (inherently, although for some time we were one of the top), but because of the people. I loved the people I played with. They were family.

I never got to Vegas or participated in the yearly RL guild meetings. Always hated that I missed that. Played so long that I had several friends, unfortunately, pass do to Cancer. Sweet baby James will always have a special place in my heart due to Mystier. I will also never forget the late night post-raid groups with Fosten, the drunken dwarf on TS. I still listen to Sound Philosophy.

As you can tell, I am sentimental as f**k.

Raiding is what I loved, too, aside from the people. Even when I was not in a raiding guild I joined open raids for Kael, NToV, dragons, Dain, later SSRA, VT, then yet later the plains. Thank you, Scurvy (of Sojourners). Not only did I raid, but I led parts of raids. MT'd, MA'd, class lead, etc. I've played most classes, but outside of specializing in my War I have played Druids, necros, monks, sks, Rangers at most level ranges, raided with war, Druid and shaman mostly (boxed-guild mate, never my own). I say this only to say that although I love several classes, and believe that I understand the game and every class' role very well; war is just where my heart has always lied. I have never tried to be anything but in real capacity. I like being that meat shield. I like being a focal part of the group. I like being the MT. I like the control. I like being the knight (in a RP sense). I like a heavy agro group that forces me to be a better war.

I have thought long and hard about whether I'd role a war or not all over. I loved playing a monk, Druid and SK, but I just do not know if I can give up the war. Since Boxing is allowed, I am fairly sure that I will end up boxing.

My life kind of fell out of EQ. I met my wife through some friends in EQ, we moved in, and we have been together since 2006. I now own a house, am in a PhD program, and don't really have any hobbies outside of the gym. I don't play any games now a days, because nothing has the social aspect j love. I have tried to get back into EQ here and there, but no one I really know is left. It's kind of frustrating.

The only other game I have ever played nearly as much is CS (was almost in a cal-O clan back in the day. Loved Awp-rushing). But-FPSs are only so fun. I miss the social interaction. That's what I did-that's what I loved. I even agreed to be an officer or outreach for different guilds because I liked that type of interaction and recruitment.

From everything I have gathered, TAKP is what I am looking for-again. It seems like the server is growing, and if not many are around at the time that I might play (or for perhaps limited Windows), I'll box.

I guess that is my introduction. I hope that you have enjoyed reading my time-warp recount as much as I have enjoyed reliving it.

...And also a few questions...:

1) I have read everything that I could find (I think), including a list of a lot of the AK bugs, which may or may not get fixed, etc. -But I never played on AK, so if there is anything additionally unique, please give a hollar.

2) Velious is expected end of this year?

3) I know on AK, either by GM mandate or by everyone eventually agreeing, Sleeper remained asleep. Is that one of the goals? I did not get to raid until Pop was the current expansion (and then I raided primarily Velious and Luclin before later moving to PoP), and I'd really like to experience ST 1.0.

4) Anyone have Questions for me?

If I do this (install and actually allow myself to get invested)-That's it. I'm committed. As silly as it may sound, I just don't want to get my heart broken by trying to invest in something that might not be what I expect. Hence the guardedly optimistic introduction.

Sincerely,

The Fuscia War

gardnerjens and Verdent like this.
  2. kireal

kireal New Member

3. surron

surron People Like Me

As for sleeper 1.0, it was agreed upon on AK that no one was to wake the sleeper so we had ST 1.0 forever.

However, someone did eventually wake the sleeper, but the event was bugged and reverted back to 1.0. Hopefully the devs implement that bug because sleeper 1.0 forever was a cool thing about AK.

Oiwon likes this.
  4. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

yeah I don't see it being implemented anything pass sleeper 1.0.

Verdent and Oiwon like this.
  5. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Didn't read the novel, but welcome to the server new guy.

I never expected anything beyond ST 1.0, but I have always been curious if you guys would let the sleeper awakening script actually play out and then just respawn later, or if you are just going to leave Kerafyrm disabled completely.

Oiwon likes this.
  6. MikayahEQ

MikayahEQ Well-Known Member

We had a relatively long discussion about this in guild chat a few days ago, discussing the differences between the warders & ancients, including loot changes, etc.

7. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Not exactly what I was wondering about... We will never have the ancients here. I am just wondering if the glorious "Kerafyrm wakes up and kills all of Velious" script would fire every time the four warders are killed or if nothing will happen and the zone repops every week.

8. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

As a member of the fashion police, I would dearly love to see an RZ ogre warrior decked out in hot fuscia.

Elrontaur and Mokli like this.
  9. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

I have a few old SS's of the sleeper awakening from terris-thule server. This is one from skyshrine :

[​IMG]

I had him on target later where he fought yelinak and DT'd him 3 times, he was like 80% hp when yelinak died, but I guess I didn't get SS's of that :(

How this worked on live : after sleeper was awakened he rampaged through most of the velious zones killing NPC's and PC's alike. The warders just stopped spawning, and the only named mobs in ST were the 3 golems. They dropped primals still. The revamp to ST that added ancients was during luclin I think.

I would be in favor of not adding this awakening event though, that seems like a ton of scripting/work for devs.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    Oiwon likes this.
  10. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

sleeper was awoken a bunch on AK, but we didn't have the 2.0 script in

so

server would reset every two weeks and he would show back up asleep

but this wasn't talked about much~

11. MikayahEQ

If I am completely honest, I would love to be able to experience this script. I missed it when the Sleeper was awakened on Bertoxx back in the day, so the closest I've come is watching some of the various videos on YouTube.

Mokli likes this.
  12. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

If he was woken up so much why was there such a big fuss when TSE (I think?) woke him up and Hobart reset the zone?

13. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

the final months of the server he was woken almost every reset

by the PC hacker scum

14. Hove!

Hove! People Like Me

Yooooooo!

Brell finally here!

Welcome fam!!

<Silent Redemption> <Watchers> <Enshadowed> getting shout outs. Brell Rant boards were fire. Barkona still can't even get a job IRL because of that burn.

Progeny of Fate and Alarius were Coven of Lore spinoffs or had most of the same members iirc... Yo this is like a time machine.

Gnomore Gnerfs - one of my favorites.

Welcome, it's exactly like 2001 Brell here.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    Cillipis likes this.
  15. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

Welcome to TAKP! Hope you enjoy your stay in Norrath. Lots of good peeps here, very few crappy ones.

16. Mambo

Mambo Well-Known Member

Wow, thanks for the big welcome, guys! Pretty excited. I have my 1st year Ph.D prelims in 9 days (last through the first week of August), so I probably won't be on till after then. [Prelims are a qualifying exam to determine if you fail out of the program or continue. There is a last ditch oral exam 2 weeks later if you fail, but after that, Your corpse has expire-no CR allowed.]

When dye first came out, my friend (the Druid Aeschylus Wussius) was talking about it. Playing a war, and being a little into the RP idea, I was all, "It'd be hilarious if I was pink!" He was all over that idea-So I rolled with it. Some time later, being an Ogre, I became known as Stinky Pinky. And, subsequently I had to correct everyone that it wasn't pink, it was Fuscia. As soon as I can access my computer (temporary problem atm preventing it from even accessing Bios) I'll post a SS.

Re:Brell - I'll never forget that Jaradis made some post on the boards about how he worked for nasa and he barely ever used higher math outside of basic calc and trig. Always wondered if he was serious. Random thought.

My first "friend" in EQ was Otag, a watchers Warrior. During Pop, Otag was pretty much gone, but I remember gushing over Fluidia's BoW.

The core group of us that knew each other IRL were Aeschylus (Druid), Solecism (Enchanter), and Lycaon (Ranger) (Not including myself). -In case those names ring a bell.

Thanks again for the warm welcome. Can't wait to get online. Also pretty excited to be part of a community that talks! I R talker.

17. MikayahEQ

I just have to ask...does the world really need more ogres? I mean...they are smelly, loud, make a horrendous mess when they eat...and speaking of eating, perhaps the most indictable, unimaginable, unredeemable and disgusting fact of all--THEY EAT GNOMES!! We just don't need anymore of them.

On the other hand, as a cute, studious and inventive Gnome, myself, I invite you to consider joining our ranks as we pour from from Ak'Anon into Steamfont and the rest of Norrath! Just ask Pithy, the Gome way is the best way!!

Anyway, just a request for the betterment of our world and our server - Say No to Ogres! (And don't listen to Bum when he says rude things about Gnomes. He's just a meany and a bully and his Erudite five-head is bigger than my entire body.)

Welcome to Takp!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  18. Mambo

Mambo Well-Known Member

image.jpeg

I mean, I always thought this was a dwarf, but now I am starting to think it looks like a gnome...

..."you are out of food. You are hungry."

19. MikayahEQ

20. Mambo

Mambo Well-Known Member

I could play a gnome, but I get hungry quickly. So much so that...

image.gif

21. MikayahEQ

Yep...time for me to go.

[​IMG]

22. drktmplr12

drktmplr12 Member

poor guy..

23. MikayahEQ

Back on the topic of the Sleeper, I came across this while bored on YouTube. (There is some language - you've been warned)