I think more people would play here..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Everlastn, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Sturmm

Sturmm Well-Known Member

I have, but it's far more difficult for a laptop. I researched it a little bit, and I'd just rather have a laptop that works and works well (8 1/2 years and counting) than one I have to constantly tinker with.

I guess some people just want to tear other people down without worrying about silly things like facts

2. Hyacinth

Hyacinth Active Member

if noone's mentioned it, I don't know if using the "/mci on" command in game would help with double-cursor syndrome. In windowed mode I have to use it to be able to click things in-game, but I also don't have dual cursor. just a suggestion!

3. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

I think /mc anything works. I usually do /mc i but that that's from habit.

4. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

This is what I did actually before the PC client was available on AK, since I would only use the Mac for EQ anyway.

Can't really justify spending money on a system I would only use for a single game when it could be done for free through other methods. Its not like I would have used the Mac for anything else. Really can't stand the UI. Not that I care for the Windows 8/10 UI either though.

5. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

Mac mini tower can run you less than 70 bucks. I'd pay 70 bucks for one game. Just grabbed one for Netflix in my kitchen, pretty much the cheapest Netflix device other than maybe a Wii.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  6. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

We use Roku devices for Netflix and other assorted streaming. Power consumption is like 10-15w. The Roku 2 is $70, the 1 is $50. Best thing is that the UI and remote is so simple our 5 year old navigates it like an expert.

7. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

If Linux would have a near perfect clone of Visual Studio and could run more of my daily games/utils, I'd never do Winblows, Hackintrash, or Macintrash :p

And Roku just rocks.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
    Khorpus and Mokli like this.
  8. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

I will investigate! Thanks.

9. Tollen

Tollen Member

amazon fire stick runs 35 - 40$

10. Secrets

Secrets Well-Known Member

The double mouse bug doesn't happen under my client anymore.

The only real issues left are random disconnects under high latency.

11. Khorpus

Khorpus Well-Known Member

While everyone's systems are different, I have to say that by following the very simple instructions found here and on the wiki it was a very quick and easy set-up. Our wiki guys and secrets have made it incredibly simple, so maybe you're just missing something minor? As for what Speedz said, our other machine is running Linux Mint Cinnamon with the same PC client on "playonlinux" and it is running flawlessly as well, she's using the built-in virtual desktops to swap between characters with no problems as well. (and if I can teach her to use it I'm pretty sure you should be able to, just sayin' :p) The only difference is i'm not a linux commander so i don't know how to use the FPS limiter outside of windows. Instead of giving up I'd gladly work through PM's to walk you through it if you wish, it really only takes a short amount of time and you should be set for life and / or your next format. We need moar populations!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015